Karen Guregian catches up with Logan Mankins at the Pro Bowl. Mankins said he wouldn't rule out a return to the Patriots.
"There’s always a possibility," Mankins said following the AFC Pro Bowl practice at Kapolei High School. "But to tell you the truth, I haven’t given it much thought right now. If there was a CBA (extension in place), I’m sure I’d be thinking about it a lot more."
Asked if that meant the Pats were still in play, Mankins said, "Oh, yeah. There’s 32 teams in play, whatever one I feel is the best situation for me."
"I thought we were going to have a nice playoff run. It just didn’t work out," Mankins said. "Now you guys (the media) are putting all these thoughts in my head. You’re ruining my vacation."
Jerry Thornton offers the Boston sports' fans' guide to rooting for an out-of-town team.
I’ll put aside for now the towering illogic of these hare-brained arguments [from Dan Shaughnessy and Tony Massarotti]. Because honestly, rooting for the Jets or Yankees to win championships so that the Pats and Sox would try harder to win would be like Americans in World War I saying "You know, I hope the Axis Powers are able to pull this one out so the Allies will be more motivated to win World War II."
Because there are certain teams that you simply cannot ask us to root for, under any circumstances. No matter how chewy, salty and delicious your jumbo pretzel logic is. Hatred is hatred. And it doesn’t go away when you’ve been beaten; it gets stronger. I mean, the Rebel Alliance didn’t tell the Empire "Wow, you really kicked our butts on Alderaan! Good luck destroying our bases on Hoth and Endor and hope you conquer the galaxy so we try harder next time!" The motivation to destroy them was plenty strong enough already, without watching them reduce planets to rubble or take over the whole flipping universe.
- Paul Perillo describes the scene in Hawaii as players gather for the Pro Bowl. Eighty degrees??? Arrgh!
- Erik Scalavino reports on Wes Welker being 'a good little foot soldier' by apologizing for his digs at Rex Ryan.
- Erik Scalavino Position snapshot: Defensive Line.
- Patriots Today - Aloha from the Pro Bowl. (2.45 min. video)
- Jim Donaldson discusses the State of the Patriots, saying that in spite of the weak ending, there are a lot of upsides to this team.
- Jason Kaneshiro reports on Devin McCourty enjoying the Pro Bowl experience and reflecting on his journey over the past 12 months.
- Christopher Price reports that according to Troy Brown, a marriage between Ochocinco and the Patriots would work.
- Tom E. Curran recommends that the Patriots be wary of Ochocinco.
- Jeff Howe reports Donte Stallworth '100 percent' open to returning to Patriots.
- Christopher Price examines the Patriots by position: Defensive Line - Linebackers - Defensive Backs.
- Jeff Howe says the Patriots could look to add defensive line depth in the Draft, despite a huge year from Vince Wilfork.
- Mike Reiss focuses on the future at each position: Wide Receivers.
- Ian Rapoport shares some thoughts from his Senior Bowl notebook, one of them wondering if it's Casey Matthews turn at bat.
- Greg A. Bedard offers some thoughts from the third and, for all intents and purposes, final day of practices here at the Senior Bowl.
- Ian Rapoport reports from the Senior Bowl, noting most top backfield prospects are seen lacking.
- Mike Reiss scouts out players at the Senior Bowl from a Patriots perspective. DE Cameron Jordan (California).
- ESPNBoston wraps up Day 3 at the Senior Bowl.
- Kirk Minihane points to Curtis Martin as the one that got away.
- ESPNBoston posts a video of former Patriot Ben Watson as he talks about New England and the Pats' early exit from the playoffs. (2 min. video)
- Scott McLaughlin lists the most memorable Boston sports moments of 1986.
- D.J. Bean offers his Mock Draft, Take 1: Mike Pouncey, J.J. Watt to the Patriots.
- WEEI profiles some potential Patriots: DE Cameron Heyward (Ohio State), DE Greg Romeus (Pittsburgh), DT Corey Liuget (Illinois), RB Mikel Leshoure (Illinois) and DE J.J. Watt (Wisconsin).
- Mike Reiss tells us what stood out to him after listening to draft analyst Mel Kiper talk about prospects that could have a tie-in to the Patriots.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Mankins claims he might return to Patriots.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Your 2010 All-AFC East team revealed.
- Gary Vasquez (NFL.com) Photo Blog: Pro Bowl practice. Some neat pics here.
- Simon Samano (NFL.com) Pro Bowl photo: Belichick shares a laugh with Chris Johnson, Ray Lewis and Reggie Wayne at practice Wednesday.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) A bunch of Joes who deserve some love.
- Frank Deford (SI) Laugh if you want, but Rex Ryan may be new model football coach.
- Fox Sports Top 10 Best Super Bowl teams.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Why SB XLV might be best ever.
- Steve Rushin (SI) As Super bowl XLV proves, sports are simply one big waiting game.
- Jim Trotter (SI) Per usual, Hall of Fame voters face difficult decisions in 2011 class.
- Andrew Brandt (Nat'l Football Post) NFL Labor pains, part six (with links to the previous 5).