"It’s gone fast. That was certainly a great day," Belichick said of the anniversary following yesterday’s workout. "I appreciate the opportunity Mr. Kraft and his family gave me. I hope we continue doing it for a while. I know they entrusted a lot in me. I’m just proud to be a part of the organization and proud of what we’ve accomplished — even though there’s always more we could have done, and more we can do. I’m still proud of what we’ve done."
Karen Guregian notes Brandon Meriweather is confident he belongs at the Pro Bowl and doesn't listen to his critics.
"I’ll take this, because it gives you a little more confidence, knowing your peers think you’re one of the best playing your position," Meriweather said following the AFC’s practice at Kapolei High School. "It gives you confidence knowing you’re respected around the league."
"To be honest, we have a great coach when it comes to stuff like that," Merweather said. "He always tells us, all the time, that you can’t listen to what everyone says. He’ll let you know, one minute you can be the hero; the next minute, you can be the villain. So it all depends on who you are, and how you handle things.’’
"I want to get better at everything," Meriweather said. "I want to get to the point of being able to read player’s minds and see why they do some of the things they do, and just elevate my game in every way. I want to get better at the things I do well, not just the things I do bad."
- Erik Scalavino Position Snapshot: Running Back.
- Matt Smith makes his Day 2 report from the Pro Bowl in Honolulu.
- Patriots Today - Belichick from Honolulu. (2.43 min. video)
- Erik Scalavino reports Donte Stallworth mentioned he wanted to return to New England.
- Pat Bigold catches up with a relaxed Bill Belichick in Hawaii as he signed T-shirts for reps of the Wounded Warriors Project.
- Mike Reiss offers a few quick hits from Bill Belichick's interview with WEEI on Thursday afternoon.
- Karen Guregian points out some of the light-hearted friendly fire between Brandon Meriweather and Darrelle Revis at the Pro Bowl.
- Karen Guregian asks D'Brickashaw Ferguson what it's like to be coached by the enemy.
- Jason Kaneshiro says there's no beef between the Pats and Jets in the Pro Bowl.
- Karen Guregian reports Jerod Mayo, Matt Light and Wes Welker helped build a playground at a local YMCA in Honolulu.
- Mike Reiss talks to First Take about Chiefs QB Matt Cassel, who finds himself filling in for the injured Tom Brady and reuniting with Bill Belichcik at the Pro Bowl. (1.05 min. video)
- Mike Reiss looks at a few numbers that highlight the length of Bill Belichcik's tenure with the Patriots.
- Shalise Manza Young reports Brandon Deaderick underwent minor shoulder surgery yesterday.
- Greg A. Bedard notes that it's fairly obvious that the Patriots need to do something to improve their pass rush and speculates on what the team will do about it.
- Mike Reiss looks at how many spots on the 2011 roster could realistically go to rookies.
Mike Reiss looks ahead at the future of each position: Center and Guard and Offensive Tackle.
- Ian Rapoport notes Nick Caserio has been the subject of talk from opposing GMs and scouting directors, curious about who he's been watching.
- Ian Rapoport shares some thoughts from his Senior Bowl notebook.
- Mike Reiss scouts out G Danny Watkins (Baylor) at the Senior Bowl.
- ESPNBoston wraps up Senior Bowl, Day 4.
- Ian Rapoport recounts the awkward conversation he had with WR Dane Sanzenbacher (Ohio State) at the Senior Bowl.
- Ian Rapoport posts his video of the day: Some of the Senior Bowl practice's pass-rush battles. (1.02 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as usual.
- Ron Borges writes it's time for some honest bargaining and a return to the thing that made the NFL the powerful force it is -- complete revenue sharing among all 32 teams.
- Ian Rapoport notes the NFL says the plan is for franchise tags to be in use in February.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) How do AFC East QBs stack up for 2011?
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Power 100 Athletes: Tom Brady number 5, up from 30 last year.
- NFL.com Vote FedEx air and ground Player of the Year. Tom Brady is up for the award.
- Tim Graham (ESPN) Cromartie threatens to bash QB's face in.
- Don Banks (SI) 2011 NFL Mock Draft 1.0: Pats take DE J.J. Watt (Wisconsin) at 17 and OLB Justin Houston (Georgia) at 28.
- Terry Pluto (Cleveland Plain Dealer) Bernie Kosar's passion for football could lead him back to the NFL. He has been talking to Bill Belichick among others.
- Doug Farrar (Yahoo! Sports) All-intangible team. Jerod Mayo the only Patriots' mention.
- Andrew Perloff (SI) Against the grain: Draft thoughts.
- Clifton Brown (Sporting News) 2011 NFL Draft.
- Don Banks (SI) Titans, Jeff Fisher parting ways.
- Steve Eubanks (Fox Sports) Fisher and the future.
- Five players that stood out at the Senior Bowl. (Nat'l Football Post)
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) Senior Bowl impressions: More notes and thoughts from Mobile, Alabama.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) Don't overrate the Senior Bowl.
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) Boise State's Young among prospects helping draft stock.
- FOX Sports Making of the Lombardi Trophy. (1.48 min. video)