Bill Belichick gives the players all the credit for the win last night.
It's really great to come down here and win. We're proud of our players. So many guys stepped up today. Really, everybody that dressed played a huge role in the victory. We had a good week of practice and our preparation was good. I thought we did a pretty good job of executing against a good team. They won three straight. They were on a big roll here. It took a good effort to win tonight, but our guys did it for us. All the credit needs to go to the players. They really prepared well (and) never got down even though we lost a couple of tough games. (They) kept the attitude up, kept the preparation up, practiced well and came out here and competed as hard as they could tonight. They really deserved it. They were the better team tonight. Our players did a great job. Give them the credit and now we need to turn the page and we've got another big one on Monday night. It's good to walk out of here with a win.
Andre Carter speaks to the media about his 4.5 sack team record-setting performance.
I tell everyone, I thank God for my performance. I also thank my family for constantly driving me, and the men that I play with. It's a great honor to play for such a great franchise.
It all boiled down to communication among the defensive line and the secondary. There were games where we were consistent for three quarters but not in the last quarter. This game was a great opportunity to put together a full game.
We are a team that goes out and finds a way to win. It was frustrating to lose two close games back to back. We had to look in the mirror and say to ourselves, "what will be our defining moment?" We just had to go out and play the game we are capable of playing.
Rob Ninkovich responds to a question about their preparation this week and playing with new players.
It was a huge week for us. We knew that this was for the division and that this is a hard place to play. We knew that it would be a hard game and that the Jets always come with their best stuff. We had to prepare for everything.
Our defense has been up and down from week to week, and hasn't been where we want it to be. It is a work in progress. The two previous losses were tough, and we had to bounce back. We knew this week was a huge week for our defense.
This was a great team win. When guys get hurt, somebody has to step in to whatever role they are asked to fill. Guys were injured and other players came in and did their job.
- Game Notes: Patriots vs. Jets. Team and player records set, milestones reached and trends continued. Lots in here to crow about, Pats fans.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the Patriots win over the Jets, saying it was more about heart than stats last night.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (6.24 min. video plus Transcript), Vince Wilfork (7.35 min. video), Rob Ninkovich (3.26 min. video), Tom Brady (3.22 min. video) and Andre Carter (2.33 min. video)
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Jets.
- Patriots.com Post Game Show with Adam Jones. (2 hour program)
- Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots seize the top spot in the AFC East.
- Shalise Manza Young recaps the Patriots sweeping of the Jets and their place atop the AFC East.
- Karen Guregian never thought this 2011 Patriots team had that type of character in their DNA.
- Jackie MacMullan writes the Patriots showed what they're made of -- grit, guts and determination.
- Greg A. Bedard says the bottom line is the Patriots still have Tom Brady and the Jets don't.
- Ron Borges lauds the scrap-heap Patriots defense that became a growling band of junkyard dogs.
- Greg A. Bedard offers his Patriots 37, Jets 16 Post-Game report.
- ESPN Stats & Information: Next-level stats from Patriots-Jets.
- Christopher Price tells us ten things we learned Sunday night: The Patriots win a throwback game.
- Mike Petraglia introduces us to the no-names playing defense yesterday.
- ESPNBoston Game Center: Patriots-Jets headlines.
- Tom E. Curran reports Rex Ryan's bluster turns to whisper as the Patriots hand him and his Jets a plateful of humble pie.
- Bob Ryan writes despite the ramifications,"winning this game, at this particular time, in this particular place . . . C'mon this had to be sweeeeeeeeet!"
- Chris Forsberg focuses on just how big a problem Rob Gronkowski is for the Jets.
- Karen Guregian argues even though the Pats lack a receiver who can stretch the field, bringing back Randy Moss isn't the answer.
- Mike Petraglia notes Rob Gronkowski says Tom Brady "just hits the open man", and no man was more open last night than Rob Gronkowski
- Gary Washburn points to the myriad of Jets' miscues throughout the game.
- Mike Reiss selects his 3 up and 3 down for the Patriots.
- Dan Duggan gives us the Best and Worst from Patriots-Jets.
- Kirk Minihane tells us what went right and what went wrong in the Patriots 37-16 win over the Jets.
- Mary Paoletti picks out the Best & Worst from Sunday's win.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Andre Carter's 4.5 sack game was huge in win; Devin McCourty may have suffered a shoulder separation; Pat Chung (foot) was declared inactive in a game-time decision; Chung's backup Sterling Moore was told to learn all three positions, and he did; Chad Ochocinco and Tom Brady connected for two big receptions; Rob NInkovich had a stellar game with two INTs, including a pick-six; Taylor Price was a surprise inactive but Julian Edelman was needed for his return duties.
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots at New York Jets. Recap, stats, analysis and highlight videos.
- Jeff Darlington (NFL.com) Patriots seize control of AFC East with dominating win over Jets.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East still the Brady-Belichick division.
- Don Banks (SI) AFC East title will still run through New England, more Pats-Jets notes.
- James Walker (ESPN) Rapid Reaction: Patriots 37, Jets 16.
- A.J. Perez (Fox Sports) Jets always one win away. - Plus, Willie McGinest video breaking down the Pats win. (2.10 min. clip)
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Sunday Rewind: The 8-1 Niners, Bears' defense, Gronkowski, Falcons' 4th down try, panic in Philly.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: Eagles disappoint late again while Broncos, 49ers continue to surge.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Patriots crush mistake-prone Jets to top AFC East.
- Hank Gola (NY Daily News) Real New England Patriots show up and give NY Jets a beating.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Tom Brady, New England Patriots still own AFC East, as NY Jets learned in Sunday's loss.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Jets trounced once again by Patriots, 37-16, unable to take hold of AFC East.
- Flip Bondy (NY Daily News) Jets season isn't over with loss to Patriots, but AFC East race is finished.
- Steve Politi (NJ Star-Ledger) After loss to Patriots, it's another case of Rex Ryan's same old empty promises.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Rex's crew falls off Super path.
- Bart Hubbuch (NY Post) Pats QB shows he's not done.
- Fred Kerber (NY Post) Sanchez 'stupidest' timeout boon to Brady, Pats.
- Jenny Vrentas (NJ Star-Ledger) Ill-timed choices by Mark Sanchez 'hurt' Jets in loss to Patriots.
- Kevin Kernan (NY Post) Pats make QB look like a patsy.
- Fred Kerber (NY Post) Gronkowski puts Gang Green in tight spot.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Belichick mocks Jets' defense.