Kevin Faulk, RB
Jermaine Cunningham, DE
Dane Fletcher, LB
Taylor Price, WR
Ryan Mallett, QB
Donald Thomas, OL
Shaun Ellis, DE
A few thoughts on the inactives:
- Kevin Faulk and Taylor Price are both somewhat a surprise. There was a lot of talk this week that Price would be used in a much larger role, but a late-week hamstring injury set him back. Faulk was the Patriots primary running back last week against the Steelers, but was listed questionable with a knee injury this time around, and apparently was too sore to play.
- Jermaine Cunningham is a healthy scratch for the second straight week.
- Linebacker Jerod Mayo and tackle Sebastian Vollmer are both playing for the second straight week despite both being listed as questionable.
- The Patriots will take a hit with the absence of Shaun Ellis, who has a ribs injury. Ellis was finally playing well last week before coming up hurt.
- Today's game will also mark the return of safety Josh Barrett. Barrett started the year as the team's starting safeties but went down with injury week four against Oakland.
- Wes Welker, who took a dirty hit from the Steelers' Troy Polamalu last week and was questionable with a neck injury, will also be in action for the Patriots.