Inactives for the Patriots week 14 game against the Washington Redskins:
- Gerard Warren, DT
- Sebastian Vollmer, OT
- Ryan Mallett, QB
- Patrick Chung, S
- Dan Connolly, C
- Brandon Spikes, LB
- Shane Vereen, HB
- We already knew that Chung, Spikes, Vereen, Connolly, and Vollmer would be ruled out.
- Nonetheless, it appears that Chung and Spikes are nearing a return, perhaps in time for a key week 15 tilt against the Denver Broncos.
- Dan Connolly will miss his third straight game today, meaning either Nick McDonald or Ryan Wendell will start in his place. Wendell has been banged up with a calf injury, which is likely why he didn't start despite being active last week.
- It appears that Patriots defensive tackle and quarterback Ryan Mallett are the Patriots only "healthy scratches" today. To see Warren on the list is a bit of a surprise, he's received a fair share of playing time at defensive tackle in the Patriots' rotation, looks like Ron Brace will get the nod over him today.
- It's also nice to see linebacker Dane Fletcher finally make his return to the field following multiple thumb surgeries that have kept him out the majority of this year. I'm interested to see how he fares in his return to action, and whether or not he earns any play time in the linebacker rotation.
- The Patriots recently brought back defensive end Eric Moore and upgraded defensive back Malcolm Williams to the active roster after releasing Sterling Moore. Both players will be active for the Patriots today.