Shalise Manza Young hears from Kevin Faulk on the importance of yards after the catch.
"The greatest feeling in the world is getting extra yards during a play,’’ said Patriots running back Kevin Faulk. "Because the play is blocked to get you so many yards, and after that it’s all on you. And there’s usually one guy unblocked every time that you have to make miss.’’
"One of Bill [Belichick’s] favorite comments is, ‘Know when the journey’s over.’
"So, you’re taught to get your yards after contact, but at the same time be smart and know when to get down.’’
"First downs. Count how many first downs you get in one run - that’s one or two first downs you don’t have to get [later in a drive],’’ Faulk said. "One play’’ - he snaps his fingers - "and you’ve got two first downs already.
"It’s something that you talk about all the time. Don’t just make the play, try to get some yards after the play. So, it’s a good thing.’’
Ian Rapoport says Vince Wilfork Wilfork isn’t lying when he talks up the Bills. They are coming off a big win last week against Denver.
"I’m on to Buffalo and these guys, we owe them one," Wilfork said. "They beat us earlier this season. Pretty sure they’re riding high coming in. They haven’t been beating us a lot lately, but I’m pretty sure that feels good lately to come in and sweep us and win two game sand regardless of the records. To be able to come in and sweet a division rival, pretty sweet. So, I’m pretty sure they coming in, thinking they have a real good shot, which they do."
- Patriots-Bills Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened Thursday at Gillette, as the Patriots practiced outside again in the frosty air.
- Player Interviews: Shaun Ellis (3.16 min.) and Vince Wilfork (7.40 min.)
- Patriots Today - Watch these two in Week 17. (2.44 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Patriots mindful of Week 3 defeat. (3.30 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady returns to practice. (1.20 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Thoughts from Wilfork. (3.14 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - The crew previews Patriots-BIlls and makes their Week 17 picks. (2 hour program)
- Patriots Playbook - John Rooke and Erik Scalavino discuss the Patriots' matchup with the Bills, Tom Brady, and the looming NFL Playoffs. (2 hour program)
- Shalise Manza Young notes the Patriots lead the NFL in YAC with 2,483 - the highest YAC total for a season since Stats Inc. started keeping records in 1992.
- Paul Kenyon reports Tom Brady and the Patriots are not taking their rematch with the Bills lightly.
- Nick Underhill thinks the Patriots will be looking to get revenge because they were embarrassed by the Bills in Week 3.
- Kerry J. Byrne breaks down Patriots-Bills. (4.05 min. video)
- Mike Reiss is concerned about Tom Brady missing practice, noting it may be precautionary, but it also gives us pause.
- Glen Farley says to give Brees the record, Brady the credit and Rodgers the MVP.
- Ian Rapoport writes a terrific piece on Gerard Warren, loving every minute of his life in the NFL.
- Mike Reiss and Mike Rodak serve up some quick hits from the media-access period in the locker room yesterday.
- Steve Buckley notes Vince Wilfork couldn't care less about the playoffs or anything that comes after Sunday's game against the Bills.
- Mark Farinella explains why the Patriots could use a fullback like Lousaka Polite.
- Mike Petraglia scouts out potential playoff opponents: Cincinnati Bengals.
- Mike Rodak says it has been an up-and-down season for Patriots DE Shaun Ellis.
- Christopher Price points out the downturns in penalties and turnovers are yielding positive results for the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe notes the Patriots are finally getting an opportunity to adjust to some freezing weather.
- Christopher Price tells us which New England defenders have done the best job of getting after the QB through 15 games.
- Mike Reiss offers a game-by-game breakdown of the Patriots base vs. sub defense.
- Julian Benbow Patriots Notebook: Tom Brady was back on the field after missing practice Wednesday (left shoulder); Shaun Ellis has had a challenging season, but says he'll be ready when his number is called; Bills are motivated to sweep the Patriots - which no division rival has done since 2000; Pats released Alex Silvestro; Injury update.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: The expectation is that Tom Brady will play Sunday against the Bills; Wilfork says the Patriots will regret it if they get out to another slow start; Alex Silvestro will likely land back on the practice squad if he clears waivers; Marcus Cannon saw his most extensive action last week; Shaun Ellis says this is a big chance for the D to end on a strong note.
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat.
- Jim Lazar offers up a few New Year's resolutions for Bill Belichick, and makes his Week 17 picks. Pats 39, Bills 17.
- The Boston Globe staff makes its Week 17 picks. Only one out of four picks New England over Buffalo.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Bills matchup of the day: DT Marcell Dareus vs. Patriots interior O-line.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) A healthy Fletcher gives boost to Patriots' defense.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Five questions with Patriots color commentator Gino Cappelletti.
- Greg Cosell (NFL.com) Pats offense found rhythm on "empty".
- Jeremy Lundblad (ESPN Stats & Information) How big of a concern is the Patriots' defense?
- Krikstian Dyer (Yahoo! Sports) Chad Ochocinco still wants to make and break the news.
- Jason La Canfora (NFL.com) Patriots OC O'Brien emerging as head-coaching candidate.
- Gregg Rosenthal (ProFootballTalk) With contract up, O'Brien could be on the move.
- Report (Nat'l Football Post) NFP Friday Forecast.
- Peter King (SI) Weekend Pickoff. Pats 28-10.
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East Week 17 picks. Pats 30, Bills 17.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 17 picks. Both Florio and Rosenthal pick Pats over Bills.
- Staff Report (CBS Sports) Expert picks: Week 17. Five for Five pick Pats.
- Mike Tanier (NY Times) Week 17 matchups. Patriots over Bills.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO