Note: This is your Pats Pulpit official post-game discussion thread!
Here are some Patriots fourth quarter notes at Gillette Stadium:
- The Jaguars opened the fourth quarter, having their drive stalled, and settling for a short field goal to cut the Patriot lead to 33-12.
- On the Patriots' first drive of the 4th quarter, Ryan Mallett threw the ball on a rope to Taylor Price over the middle. Mallett then found Price again, but the ball hit Price's hands, popped in the air, and the ball was intercepted. Fortunately for the Patriots, a personal foul on the Jaguars reversed the turnover. The drive continued, and Mallett ended up sneaking the ball for a 1st down on a fourth and short. Mallett continued the drive, finding Taylor Price yet again, before converting another 1st down on a slant to Darnell Jenkins. Stevan Ridley then took a draw for another big gain down to the three yard line. The drive was capped off with a Richard Medlin touchdown up the middle (nice block by #75 Mark Wetterer).
- On the first play of the Jaguar's ensuing drive, receiver turned defensive back Buddy Farnham came up with an interception off a tipped pass (Darius Butler in coverage).
- Richard Medlin then led the next Patriots' drive, picking up some big yards on back-to-back carries (with Steve Maneri leading the pull on two of them). Ultimately, Medlin made all six carries on the drive, rushing for 31 yards and punching it in for his second touchdown of the night to give the Patriots a 47-12 lead.
- After forcing a final three and out of the Jaguars, the Patriots took back over, and ran down the clock thanks to the running of rookie Richard Medline to close out the final score, 47-12.