lack of catches this preseason, and his connection with Tom Brady.talks to the media about his
My job is to go out there and execute the plays that the coaches call. Definitely as a receiver you want the ball, but we understand and I understand what we're doing as far as working the things that we're trying to do, working the kinks out in our offense. Trust me, I have all the confidence in the world that Tom [Brady] will find me when he needs me, when the coaches make certain play calls for him to come to me with the ball. Right now I'm not stressing over the fact that I haven't caught a ball in preseason.
Personally I feel like [my camp] is going pretty good, even talking with the coaches. Me and Tom [Brady] are hitting on pretty much all the cylinders out on the field as well. I think overall, I'm having a pretty good one.
Bill Belichick agrees Branch is doing well.
Well I think Deion has had a good training camp. I think he's running well, good routes. He's catching the ball well in practice. I'm sure his opportunities and production will come, but I think he's had a good training camp.
- Preseason Week 4: Patriots vs. Giants. Broadcast info, series history, team connections and more.
- Paul Perillo talks about the roster moves made Monday.
- The New England Patriots sign WR Tiquan Underwood & S Ross Ventrone; Release 11 players.
- Sneak preview - A Football Life: Bill Belichick. (3.25 min. video) The intro is terrific.
- Monday Conference Calls: Bill Belichick - Jerod Mayo - Deion Branch and Andre Carter.
- Tom E. Curran notes Deion Branch isn't sweating his catchless preseason because he's not one of the "kinks" the Pats are trying to work out.
- Monique Walker notes it was a tough decision for Bill Belichick to release James Sanders.
- Tom E. Curran points to a pre-camp hamstring injury that derailed James Sanders' chances of making the roster.
- Mike Reiss reports James Sanders was shocked by his release.
- Karen Guregian says Brandon Meriweather will now have to fly without his safety net, James Sanders.
- Phil Perry notes the Pats were already lacking safety depth before cutting James Sanders, and looks at the "hodgepodge of question marks" left.
- Mike Rodak analyzes the safety depth chart without James Sanders.
- A. Sherrod Blakely says that with less information than usual to go on, the Patriots and the rest of the NFL will have a tough time making cuts.
- Mike Petraglia says this will be no ordinary week for the Patriots or for the Giants.
- Mike Reiss reports the Patriots have signed free-agent long snapper James Dearth, the latest former Jet to join the team.
- Chad Finn looks at 10 individual Patriots players from cornerstones to bubble players and those already gone.
- Mark Farinella reports on the Patriots recent many cuts and few additions to the Patriots roster.
- Mike Reiss takes the time to remind us of the rules of PUP and NFI lists.
- Mike Reiss lists the Patriots eligible for the practice squad.
- Chris Forsberg gleans some conference-call nuggets from Jerod Mayo, Deion Branch and Andre Carter.
- Chris Forsberg highlights Bill Belichick's conference call with the media Monday.
WEEI Patriots Monday highlights: Bill Belichick and Vince Wilfork.
- Jimmy Toscano gives a positive review of the NFL Films two-part documentary of Bill Belichick, airing September 15th and 22nd.
- Kirk Minihane looks at the irrelevance of the sideline reporter.
- Monique Walker Patriots Notebook: A few of the players who have been missing may see the field Thursday night but others won't; Patriots signed another former Jet, LS James Dearth, along with Tiquan Underwood and Ross Ventrone; Deion Branch isn't frustrated by the lack of passes thrown his way so far; Gillette Stadium is still without power so the Pats moved their operations temporarily to an undisclosed location; No injury update yet on Wes Welker or Dan Connolly.
- Tony Massarotti answers five questions from a stormy weekend in Boston.
- Mike Reiss points out a kind gesture to Robert Kraft, made by Peyton and Eli Manning.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Updated cap space, as of August 29: Patriots $12.5 million.
- Mike Florio (ProFootball Talk) Punch at Mankins could result in another hit to Suh's wallet.
- Pat Kirwan (NFL.com) For Patriots, Ochocinco, Haynesworth are risks worth taking.
- Report (NFL.com) Brady expresses faith in Ochocinco, despite growing pains.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) Turns out Patriots may need Haynesworth.
- Erik Frenz (Cold, Hard Football Facts) Five great statistical clashes of 2011, including Pats vs. Steelers in Week 8.
- Jonathan Comey (Cold Hard Football Facts) Over-Under season totals: AFC East.
- Video (ESPN) MNF crew on Patriots & 12 wins. (34 second clip)
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) James Sanders visiting the Falcons.
- MJD (Yahoo! Sports) Are you ready for a two-hour documentary on Bill Belichick?
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Peyton Manning insists he's not thinking about his streak.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Mailbag: Peyton Manning not the only mystery.
- Dennis Dillon (Sporting News) Big names could find themselves unemployed today.
- Jeff Sperber (Cold Hard Football Facts) What are the best player names in the NFL? Patriots have three of them.