Tom Brady talks about the impact of the end of the first half goal line stance.
I think we stress complementary football and situational football, like the end of half situation that we got. Look, if the defense makes a huge stop like that, we have to do something with it. If they get us the ball, we have to do something with it. Honestly, there were times today that I thought we could have done a better job of that and we need to do a better job of that. We're going to stay after it. Two wins doesn't get you anything in this league. Look, we're going to a very tough environment to play in Buffalo. They're 2-0, they're riding high, scoring a lot of points, very good defense so you have to gear up and get ready for it.
Deion Branch talks about the symmetry Tom and he have between them.
Well let's just say that it's good luck - maybe because we sit beside each other in the locker room. You know what I'm saying? That's the key. I thank the equipment guys for putting me right next to him. But I just think overall the work that we put in in practice is what's really going on. All the meetings and everything we sit in with this guy, each and every day, all day Wednesday, all day Thursday, all day Friday and we talk about a lot of different things. I think the open line of communication is always good for us. And that's what you're seeing. It's not so much what we're doing on a game day - it's all about the work that we're putting in on Wednesday, Thursday [and] Friday.
Andre Carter analyzes Vince Wilfork's interception and return.
"The run was ugly, the pick great. The pick was fantastic. I know he was trying to high-step but I think those hips were a little tight. It looked good, though. We were proud of him. Couldn't have happened to a better person."
- Post Game Notes: Patriots vs. Chargers. Team and player milestones reached, records set and more.
- Erik Scalavino analyzes the Patriots win over the Chargers and how the goal line stands are becoming a trend.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick (9.56 min. video) plus Transcript, Tom Brady & Deion Branch (10.37 min. video) plus Transcript and Vince Wilfork (7.55 min. video) plus Transcript.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Chargers.
- Patriots Today - Pats run away with 2nd win. (3.22 min video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Brown, Gronkowski talk Week 2 win. (2.52 min. video)
- Shalise Manza Young notes the Patriots scored every time it touched the ball in the first half of the home-opening win against the Chargers.
- Chris Forsberg offers his first impressions of the Patriots win over the Chargers. Tom Brady was great again.
- Kirk Minihane writes about Tom Brady and the definition of greatness.
- Steve Buckley notes Tom Brady has been on fire in his first two games this season.
- Chris Forsberg reports there's no sign of any sophomore slump for either Aaron Hernandez or Rob Gronkowski.
- Mark Farinella sees the potential of this offense as scary good, but they'll need every yard to make up for the flaws on defense.
- Greg A. Bedard says the defense benefited from the Chargers continuing to underachieve, but they're still a source of worry.
- Bob Ryan isn't worried about the offense, but the defense is another story.
- Ron Borges writes about how two weeks in a row, too often the defense couldn't get off the field.
- Tom E. Curran reports the defense allowed 958 yards of offense in two weeks and 10 of 12 third down conversions Sunday.
- Mike Rodak notes Devin McCourty is trying to become consistent.
- Mary Paoletti sees the need for the Patriots cornerbacks to tighten up.
- Chad Finn focuses on Vince Wilfork's sweet interception.
- Monique Walker details the second quarter goal line stance and its impact on the game.
- Jeff Howe says Albert Haynesworth is helping the Patriots' defense develop tough reputation on goal line.
- Jeff Howe focuses on how the Patriots shut down Antonio Gates and held him without a catch for the first time since 2008.
- Karen Guregian digs deeper into other areas of the game last night, such as the impressive way the Patriots closed out the game.
- Christopher Price gives us ten things we leaned Sunday: In a pinch, Jerod Mayo rises to the challenge.
- Mike Reiss tallies the offensive snaps, noting Gronk leads the way.
Mike Reiss takes a look at the positional groupings utilized by the Patriots and analyzes what it might mean. It was all about the tight ends.
- Zuri Berry gives us the play-by-play of last night's win.
- Dan Duggan highlights Tom Brady's and Deion Branch's joint appearance at the post-game podium.
- Peter Gobis recaps Norv Turner's and Philip Rivers' reactions to their loss in New England.
- Mike Rodak lists his three up and three down for the Patriots.
- Mary Paoletti chooses her Best & Worst from Patriots 35, Chargers 21.
- Mark Farinella picks his Hots and Nots from last night's win over San Diego.
- Dan Duggan gives us the best & worst from Patriots vs. Chargers.
- Kirk Minihane tells us what went right and what went wrong in yesterday's win.
- Mike Reiss recaps the Patriots injuries, as at one point of the game it seemed like players were dropping like flies.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Patriots defense is best when backed up; Belichick said he went for it on 4th-and-4 because of Zoltan Mesko's ailing knee; Mesko's knee injury does not appear to be serious; Aaron Hernandez limped out of the locker room (ankle) and Pat Chung suffered a hand injury; Also injured: Haynesworth (groin), Ihedigbo (leg) and Arrington (undisclosed), but they all returned after injuries; Antonio Gates had zero catches, thanks to Sergio Brown and Pat Chung; Brandon Spikes and Jermaine Cunningham both made their debuts; team amassed 80 yards in penalties.
- NFL Game Center - San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots: Recap, stats, analysis and those nifty highlight videos.
- Chris Burke (SI) No need for Chargers to panic after loss to Patriots.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Is there a game plan to stop Brady and the Patriots?
- A.J. Perez (Fox Sports) Patriots work in unison in win vs. Bolts.
- ESPN Stats & Information (ESPN) Patriots-Chargers stats in focus.
- Chris Burke (SI) Everything you need to know: Week 2 late games.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) Week 2 Sunday replay.
- Don Banks (SI) Snap Judgments: Week 2.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB: From a reality winner to the upstart Bills, Week 2 boasts great stories.
VIEW FROM SAN DIEGO
- Kevin Acee (San Diego Union Tribune) Mistakes, Brady doom Chargers.
- Kevin Acee (San Diego Union Tribune) Inside the game: Getting it done vs. giving it away.
- Christopher Smith (Chargers.com) Turnovers costly in loss.
- Chris Jenkins (San Diego Union Tribune) Defense finds itself lacking against Brady.