"We got a physical style of play," Spikes said yesterday. "I want to come out and be physical, do what I do. I was brought here to help stop the run, and I’m just going to come out when my number’s called, be accountable and try to get the job done."
"It’s going to be a good, physical game," Spikes said. "Oakland’s always physical; they got some big guys up front. Their backs are downhill guys and they’re looking to make a play. They’re attacking. We want to attack."
"We just want to be fundamentally sound all the way across the line," Spikes said, "try to build a wall and get after it."
Bill Belichick addresses whether the re-signing of Gerard Warren is something that will defend the run.
That was a hard cut that we made at the beginning of the season. The way the roster worked out we were able to get him back on the roster here. It's good to have him back.
He was here all last year. Very experienced player, obviously a big guy, high draft choice, very talented guy, big guy that can run, that's smart and has experience in our system. That's a lot of things for us. Versatile, can play inside, play outside.
Tom Brady talks about what he sees from the Raiders defense.
We haven't played them or I haven't played them in a while, so it's been kind of a crash course the last few days in getting to know them [and] getting to know their personnel and schemes. They're very good; they play well at home. They're very physical, they're tough, they're big, they're fast. It's always a certain kind of player out there: big, fast, and tough. They play well at home. It's a good front. They're good in the secondary [and] they're physical. It's going to be a big challenge.
- Erik Scalavino gives us the scoop from Wednesday at Gillette, and wonders if the Patriots need more of a ground game to help the offense.
- Patriots-Raiders Wednesday Injury Report.
- Patriots re-sign veteran DL Gerard Warren.
- Patriots sign DE Alex Silvestro to the practice squad.
- The New England Patriots will promote breast cancer awareness during the month of October.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (15 min. video plus Transcript) and Tom Brady (15 min. video plus Transcript)
- Patriots Today - Defense gets boost at practice. (1.33 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Brady going back to his roots. (1.49 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Thoughts from waters, Hernandez. (2.55 min. video)
- Mark Farinella notes Tom Brady has played only once in the place they call the "Black Hole" and it wasn't a pleasant memory.
- Christopher Price looks at Tom Brady's history after four-interception games. Not too shabby.
- Chris Forsberg looks at the accusation that the Patriots are 'just a finesse team'.
- Mike Reiss serves up some quick hits from the locker room, including special team humor from the 'Romanian Rifle' and the 'Polish Pistol.'
- Mike Rodak notes Albert Haynesworth returned to practice, but Logan Mankins was absent [with an illness].
- Ian Rapoport chatted with Aaron Hernandez, who was walking without a limp. "I feel good. Taking it day-by-day."
- Karen Guregian says it's time to question Ochocinco's play.
- Christopher Price gets the secret to getting more YAC from Julian Edelman: "If you got some wiggles, use your wiggles."
- Mike Reiss cleans out his Patriots notebook with some interesting nuggets.
- Chris Forsberg notes Raiders head coach Hue Jackson shared his insight on Ochocinco.
- Mike Petraglia hears Hue Jackson give the Patriots advice on how to 'get the most out of' Chad Ochocinco.
- Mike Reiss looks at the Patriots' leaders in defensive and special teams tackles.
- Mike Reiss looks at the penalty leaders for the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe explains why the Patriots have a legitimate beef against the pass interference call against Sergio Brown last week, that changed the game..
- Ian Rapoport takes another look at that bogus pass interference call on Sergio Brown that nullified an interception, with picture proof.
- Chris Gasper gives his three keys to Sunday's matchup in Oakland. (3.41 min. video)
- A. Sherrod Blakely sees Darren McFadden and the Raiders capable of making a big play at any time.
- Mike Petraglia notes Brian Waters has warned the young players that the Black Hole scene in Oakland is as crazy as you can get.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Revisiting the Seymour trade debate; Brian Waters shares some indelible memories of playing in the Coliseum as a visiting player; The health of the team has improved; Injury update; Sergio Brown has moved on from his difficult game in Buffalo.
- Erik Frenz reports Tom Brady's long hair was voted the best of NFL QBs on the day he gets a haircut.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Wes Welker's numbers are blowing away the league.
- want ball in Campbell's hands. (Fox Sports) Patriots
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots-Raiders matchup of the day: CBs Devin McCourty and Leigh Bodden vs. WR Denarius Moore.
- Ann Killion (SI) It's been a long time since the Raiders have mattered this much.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Breakout stars: Once unknowns, these 10 guys are on the rise. Aaron Hernandez gets some love.
- Jack Bechta (Nat;l Football Post) The conspiracy theory.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Big passing yards don't correlate to championships.
VIEW FROM OAKLAND
- Steve Corkran (Contra Costa Times) Raiders seeking ways to slow down Patriots WR Welker.
- Jason Jones (Sacramento Bee) Raiders face old nemesis Tom Brady on Sunday.
- Raiders Conference Call Transcripts: Head coach Hue Jackson and DT Richard Seymour.
- Jerry McDonald (Oakland Tribune) New England Patriots QB Tom Brady hasn't forgotten last game in Bay Area.
- Vittorio Tafur (San Francisco Chronicle) Tom Brady in Bay Area for 1st time in 9 years.
- Jerry McDonald (Oakland Tribune) Three key players return to practice, but whether they play against New England Patriots to be decided.
- Victor Contreras (The Sacramento Bee) McFadden showing nation what he can do.