Logan Mankins stands up and answers a few questions for the media Thursday.
How have you been able to test your knee on the field in practice? Has it been limited in any regard that would concern you?
Not yet, I've been limited all week, though. I'm not going to get into too much but like I said, it's day-to-day, we're working on it and we're not sure what's going to happen yet.
A lot of guys have said this is a different team. How are you guys different?
I don't know. I think you've seen our resiliency this year. We've had a few games where we've come out the first quarter and played horrible but guys never gave up. We knew if we kept playing hard that guys would make some plays and get us back in the game and have a chance to win. I think in years past, I don't know if we had that all the time but this year we've been tough and we keep playing.
I think the only thing that we can take from the game is what happened during the course of the game a month ago. This game is going to play out the way it's going to play out once we kick the ball off Saturday. I think the stuff that we both are studying about each other, that's the only thing we can take from that game. Try to better certain plays and try not to do certain things that we did wrong against them; correct the plays that we messed up on. Other than that, I think the game is going to play out the way it's supposed to on Saturday. It's a different game, a different game. Everything is going to be totally different. The tempo is going to be high; guys are going to be very energized and excited about playing in the playoffs. We're all chasing the same goal, though.
- Patriots-Broncos Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened at Thursday's shells & sweats practice in the Field House.
- Press Conferences: Bill Belichick (23.50 min. video), Logan Mankins (9.01 min. video) and Deion Branch (8.37 min. video)
- Player Interviews: Nate Solder (2.39 min.), Kyle Love (4.07 min.), Jerod Mayo (3.47 min.) and Wes Welker (4.26 min.)
- Patriots Locker Room quotes.
- Patriots Today - Watch these two in Denver. (2.43 min. video)
- Patriots Today - O-line intact, Love back. (1.35 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Love, Welker talk Broncos. (3.08 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Tebow, Fox discuss Pats-Broncos. (3.17 min. video)
- PFW in Progress: The PFW crew continues its Patriots - Broncos AFC Divisional playoff game preview. (2 hour program)
- Karen Guregian breaks down Patriots-Broncos, position-by-position.
- Ron Borges points out in the last three playoff losses the O-Line allowed 13 sacks and 19 QB hits. That has to be corrected Saturday.
- Bob Ryan states the Patriots biggest question is the same as every other week - on defense.
- Mark Farinella reports the Denver win was an eye-opener for Devin McCourty.
- Mike Reiss notes Ron Brace was happy to be able to cause a turnover against the Broncos and hopes to contribute again.
- Michael Whitmer says the Patriots will have to corral the NFL's top rushing offense to win.
- Christopher Price notes Eric Mangini believes Josh McDaniels will 'have an impact' on Saturday night against Denver.
- Mike Petraglia appreciates the insight provided by Bill Belichick as he breaks down the Tim Tebow option.
- Jim Donaldson states that Tebowmania may be out of control, but he's no Tom Brady.
- Mike Reiss & Mike Rodak offer some quick hits from the media-access period in the Patriots' locker room.
- Mike Rodak noticed a looser feel in the locker room yesterday afternoon, which he took to mean it has been a good week in Foxborough.
- Ian Rapoport checks in on Wes Welker and his power-giving playoff mustache.
- Christopher Price touches on the chemistry between Tom Brady and Deion Branch, and how Belichick regrets trading him years earlier.
- Dan Duggan notes Deion Branch credits hard work and reps on the practice field for creating the chemistry he has with Brady.
- Mike Reiss finds an engaging Bill Belichick at Thursday's press conference and speculates that perhaps he was pleased with the work his team has put in.
- Mike Reiss highlights Patriots coach Bill Belichick's news conference.
- Tedy Bruschi says the Patriots won't underestimate Tebow, and their playoff skid should end here.
- Tom E. Curran says teammates and opponents bear Tim Tebow no ill will despite the over-the-top coverage of his every move.
- Jackie MacMullen believes Josh McDaniels' ties to Tim Tebow make him part of the pregame drama.
- Jeff Howe reports DE Robert Ayers credits his NFL success to his former roommate Jerod Mayo.
- Kirk Minihane wants to know what's wrong with the crowd at Gillette Stadium.
- Mike Reiss offers the transcript of his weekly online chat. Terrific insight here as usual.
- Mike Rodak reports the Patriots signed QB Mike Hartline to a future contract for the 2012 season.
- Ian Rapoport Patriots Notebook: Jerod Mayo admits it took him some time to adjust to Tim Tebow's quirky offens,e the first time around; Several players came off the injury report yesterday in a sign the team is getting healthier; Kyle Love says all the focus on Tebow actually makes him want to play harder; Logan Mankins thanks the knee brace he was wearing for possibly preventing a worse injury; Broncos' Lonnie Paxton missed workouts Wed. and Thurs.
- Michael Whitmer Patriots Notebook: Turnovers will make or break a playoff team; Mayor Menino will put a Tebow jersey on the statue of Paul Revere if the Broncos win and Denver's John Hancock statue will wear one of Brady if they lose; Wes Welker is selling "Catching Passes & Growing Staches!" T-shirts to benefit his foundation; Logan Mankins practiced this week but is still hurting and uncertain if he'll play.
- Adam Schefter ponders the eerie coincidences of Tim Tebow's performance last week.
- Chad Finn predicts the TV ratings for Pats-Broncos could be record-setting.
- Jim Lazar says the key to Saturday's game is keeping Tom Brady upright, and makes his Division Round picks. Pats, 31-6.
- The Boston Globe staff make their Divisional Round picks. Two out of four pick NE to win.
- James Walker (ESPN) Pats-Broncos II: Which RB will step up?
- Bill Barnwell (Grantland.com) Playoff preview: Broncos at Patriots.
- Kerry J. Byrne (SI) Playoff preview - Broncos-Patriots: Three things you should know about.
- John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Three-point stance: Denver Broncos.
- Peter May (NY Times) Patriots take away much from first meeting with Broncos.
- Jeremy Lundblad (ESPN) Win or lose, Brady makes history.
- Barry Svrluga (Washington Post) Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski breaks NFL records, with a smile.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Patriots, Packers worst on defense? Rankings don't tell story.
- Chris Burke (SI) Bet on it: NFL divisional round predictions. Denver won't sack Tom Brady more than once.
- John Clayton (ESPN) Ten things to look at during the divisional round of the playoffs.
- Joe Fortenbaugh (Nat'l Football Post) The keys to divisional round success.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Tebow is America's most popular athlete, according to 45 people.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT's division-round picks. Both Florio and Rosenthal pick Pats over Broncos.
- NFL Live (ESPN) Patriots-Broncos picks. Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards pick the Patriots to win.
- James Walker (ESPN) Walker's playoff picks. Patriots 34-17.
VIEW FROM DENVER
- Terry Frei (Denver Post) For Broncos coach John Fox, adjustment is the name of the game.
- Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) Broncos must do a better job of slowing down the Patriots' potent attack.
- Kenny Legan (DenverBroncos.com) Broncos focused on limiting yards after catch.
- Tom Kensler (Denver Post) Broncos hope to put pressure on Patriots QB Tom Brady.
- Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) Broncos' running game a key to success against shaky Patriots defense.
- Lindsay H. Jones (Denver Post) Statistics are misleading when looking at Patriots' defense.
- Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) Keeping mistakes to a minimum key against Pats.
- Tom Kensler (Denver Post) Champ Bailey says Patriots will give Broncos best shot.
- Lindsay H. Jones (Denver Post) CU alum Nate Solder swamped with ticket requests.