Ryan Mallett, QB
Shane Vereen, RB
Stevan Ridley, RB
Chad Ochocinco, WR
Sebastian Vollmer, OT
Donald Thomas, OL
Gary Guyton, LB
- The big surprise here is Stevan Ridley being inactive. He's been active and played in every single game this year. He's had fumbles the past two weeks, and the coaching staff likely wanted to play it safe with BenJarvus Green-Ellis as the team's primary back. Kevin Faulk, who didn't play a snap on offense last week (played on special teams only), will likely see an increase in snaps.
- Chad Ochocinco traveled to Florida over the weekend to attend to family issues, as his father passed away earlier in the week. I'm not sure if he made it back in time, but the decision to keep Ocho inactive likely has to do with the family issues. We wish him the best, and hopefully he will be back for the Super Bowl if the Patriots win this afternoon.
- Sebastian Vollmer has been getting closer to returning to the field, but is once again being held inactive as a game-time decision. Rookie Nate Solder will once again start in his place.
- The rest of the Patriots' inactives were healthy scratches. Gary Guyton has really fallen down the depth chart, and is a healthy scratch for the second straight week.
- Nate Jones (DB) and Ron Brace (DL) were both healthy scratches last week against the Broncos, but will suit up this afternoon against the Ravens. Brace could see significant action at defensive end in the 3-4.