John Parolin (ESPN Stats & Information) Examining the Patriots' draft strategy.
New England's recent "strength in numbers" strategy in the top three rounds makes sense. Overall, the draft has proven largely to be a game of chance, and since Pioli left, New England has taken more chances through the first three rounds (16) than anyone in the league.
While the new salary scale makes New England more likely to pick in the first round, expect more of the same draft manipulation. More picks across the draft equals more chances to find successful players at good value. The Patriots currently have six picks in the first four rounds of next week's draft, but don't have a pick after that. Based on precedent, expect both of those stats to change.
Mike Rodak reports Rob Gronkowski took part in the 10th annual BTIG Commissions for Charity Day, and he caught up with reporters at the event.
His health after undergoing ankle surgery. "I'm just like day by day. I've been doing my upper-body workouts, my core workouts, for the last like six weeks, so that hasn't stopped. Whatever I can do, I'm going to be doing. ... If I can't do cardio right now, I'm just going to make up for it in a month or two, whenever I can start."
On his busy offseason. "I got my commitment book in my right pocket, I know what's going on, and I just like to go and hang out with everyone. Always working out, always grinding, and that's what I put first, my job always first, but I'm just chilling and when I'm bored at the house and someone calls me up, and it's a cool event, I'm there."
- Andy Hart breaks down the O-Line prospects in this year's draft.
- Andy Hart gets Todd McShay's opinion of DE/OLB Shea McClellin (Boise State) who has been linked to the Patriots in many mock drafts.
- Patriots Today - Draft preview: Inside Linebacker. (3.13 min. video)
- Greg A. Bedard expects more draft trades with the rookie wage scale in place.
- ESPNBoston puts the focus on the Patriots' trade-down strategy.
- Mike Reiss posts some key dates ahead for the Patriots.
- Karen Guregian reveals Matt Light has made a decision about his future, but is not ready to announce it publicly just yet.
- Mike Reiss takes a closer look at the two-year contract signed by center Dan Koppen, and analyzes what it means.
- Karen Guregian reports on the Gronk Tour that's been rocking the offseason, and notes the TE always puts his workouts first.
- Christopher Price wonders if Jabar Gaffney could find his way back to the Patriots.
- Mike Reiss notes CB Ron Brooks (LSU) was spotted around Gillette Stadium on Tuesday.
- Shalise Manza Young says Wisconsin guard Kevin Zeitler looks like a perfect Patriot on paper.
- Mike Reiss profiles possible Patriots in this year's draft: S Tony Dye (UCLA).
- Jeff Howe thinks WR Kendall Wright's playmaking ability would be a welcomed addition to the Patriots' offense.
- Mike Reiss explores DE/OLB Courtney Upshaw (Alabama) as the Patriots option at the 27th pick in the draft.
- Tom E. Curran breaks down the Quarterback position in this year's draft.
- Nick O'Malley offers the top ten players we expect to hear their names called much earlier than expected.
- Brian Webber (Fox Sports) On the Clock: New England Patriots. (3.27 min. video)
- Frank DuPont (FantasyDouche.com) Giving Bill Belichick the credit he's earned.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) League looking for ways to put suspense back into the draft.
- Kevin Fishbain (Pro Football Weekly) Patriots 2012 schedule breakdown.
- Adam Rank (NFL.com) 2012 NFL season predictions. Patriots primed for a letdown?
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers? (2 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Rookie pool could drop in 2012.
- Scott Kacsmar (Cold Hard Football Facts) Discomfort Zone: The impact of travel on NFL games.
- Don Banks (SI) NFL banking on Peyton's return to form; more 2012 schedule thoughts.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) The 10 best NFL games (and CHFFs) of 2012.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Manning mania 2012: Peyton, Eli part of dozen must-watch prime-time games.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Top 10 games: Already salivating over Thanksgiving weekend.
- Staff Report (NFL.com) NFL schedule: Broncos, Titans among teams that got hosed.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) The meaningless "strength of schedule" discussion.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) NFL's expanded Thursday night schedule: Win or loss?
- John Czarnecki (Fox Sports) Top 10 dumbest NFL offseason statements.
- Don Banks (SI) 2012 NFL Mock Draft 6.0. Patriots select DE Chandler Jones (Syracuse) and OLB Shea McClellin (Boise State).
- Brian Billick (Fox Sports) Position breakdown: Defensive tackles.
- Jack Bechta (Nat'l Football Post) The hopes and dreams of Draft day.
Andy Kent (MiamiDolphins.com) Dolphins sign Guyton. Guyton thankful of his time with Pats.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Alphabet soup stewing: NFLPA, NFLCA at odds.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLCA will likely file counterclaim against NFLPA.