Karen Guregian reports Wes Welker is still undecided on whether he'll sign his tender and show up at the offseason workouts in two weeks.
"I don’t know. I’m not quite sure yet," Welker said. "We’ll have to wait and see how things go. To tell you the truth, I haven’t made up my mind yet."
"I think that’s what every player looks for as far as playing and the risk you put out there on the field — you never know what’s going to happen out there, and I don’t think anybody knows that better than me," he said. "You just definitely want that security. You just want to be able to have that security and go out there and play."
"Every day, every time you’re out there on the field, one misstep, and everything you’ve worked for is gone," Welker said. "So it’s a risk you take, a risk I took all last season. At least this time, it’ll be at a little bit of a higher pay. So it’s all good."
"I think all things work out in the end," he said. "The best I can do is just go out there and keep working hard and keep doing everything I can do (to) help the team win. And in the end, I think things take care of themselves no matter how they end."
Mike Reiss shares a few more soundbites from Wes Welker's chat with the media yesterday.
On all weapons freeing things up inside for him: "I think any time you have really good players out there, it’s good for everybody. Getting Deion [Branch] back. Adding Brandon Lloyd and Anthony Gonzlalez, and Donte', and all these different guys, it’s going to be good for all of us. It will create good competition and at the same time help everybody else as far as getting open and getting the ball down the field. ... I feel like we have a lot of threats out there and a lot of guys that can make plays."
Ribbing Rob Gronkowski and his style: "For somebody to get by with what they have, Gronk does a pretty good job of not wearing anything he ever has to pay for. … Free anything."
- Andy Hart answers the Ask PFW mailbag: Cruising toward the Draft.
- The New England Patriots hold six selections in the 2012 NFL Draft. Here is all the information in the official Draft release.
- Player Interview: Brian Hoyer. (11.20 min.)
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew gets you up to date on everything Patriots as we embark into April. (2 hour program)
- Karen Guregian reports Wes Welker still feels he should have caught that pass.
- Shalise Manza Young notes the only way Wes Welker can participate in the team OTAs this month, will be to sign the Franchise Tag - or a new contract - first.
- Tom E. Curran says Welker's tag ambivalence is a good sign for the Pats.
- Karen Guregian tells us what's different with the new uniforms: mostly fabric and texture.
- Tom E. Curran revisits the Danny Amendola rumor and notes the Rams receiver brushes aside the Patriots chatter.
- Matt Pepin notes Rob Gronkowski is one of eight players still in the running to be featured on the cover of Madden 13.
- Mike Rodak looks at some of the recent players picked at the 93rd spot to give us a feel for the type of player the Patriots might draft with that pick.
- Chris Gasper thinks the Patriots may have to consider stepping out of their prototypes and comfort zone to draft an impact pass rusher.
- Rich Levine points to what could be some pretty serious turnover on the offensive line, and how somehow this isn't a major problem.
- Jeff Howe thinks London Fletcher and Amobi Akoye remain possibilities for the Patriots' defense and 19 other NFL thoughts.
- Christopher Price resets the complete list of the Patriots' 17 unrestricted free agents.
- Mike Reiss tackles his weekly Patriots Mailbag: Taking a closer look at the team's defensive needs.
- Jeff Howe says Janoris Jenkins has tons of talent, but off-field issues could help him fall to the Patriots in the Draft.
- Mike Reiss analyzes the latest mock draft from Wes Bunting and his defensive picks for the Patriots.
- James Walker (ESPN) Don't expect controversy from Welker.
- Albert Breer (NFL.com) Patriots' Welker wants financial security, not franchise tag.
- Slide Show (NikeInc.com) New England Patriots 2012 Nike Football Uniform. /Gloves are way cool.
- Steve Serby (NY Post) Serby's Sunday Q&A with ... Rick Pitino. Pitino admires Bill Belichick.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Top 12 games to look forward to in 2012 campaign. Two Patriots games listed.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday Edition; Mail.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Goodell will hear Saints' appeal on Thursday.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Breer: NFL needs to hit Saints players hard to prevent future bounties.
- Chad Reuter (NFL.com) Draft deep at corner, wideout; depth lacking at tight end, safety.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) NFL Draft: Ranking the safety class by tiers.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Five-year NFL draft review: At safety, tough to match Berry-Thomas combo of '10.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Union paid $44 million for lockout insurance.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) League paid Goodell $11.6 million, NFL Network head $12.2 million.
- James Walker (ESPN) Why Jets should do 'Hard Knocks'.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Joe Flacco thinks he's "the best" quarterback in football.
- Staff Report (SI) Memorable Wonderlic scores.
- Peter Schrager (Fox Sports) Morris Claiborne shouldn't be mocked over his Wonderlic score.
- Wes Bunting (Nat'l Football Post) Mock Draft 6.0. Patriots select DT Devon Still (Penn State) and SS Mark Barron (Alabama).