Mike Rodak reports Zoltan Mesko is set to host 'ZoliOke', a fundraising event to support Boston Children's Hospital.
"I remember getting to Michigan my freshman year, and I needed some things to put on my application to get into the business school," Mesko told ESPNBoston.com in a recent interview. "I went and volunteered every Thursday night, and after a while I realized that this was not supposed to be a résumé builder after all, because I had fallen in love with putting smiles on kids' faces."
"I feel like there's a social responsibility there for us as athletes to bring smiles to peoples' faces and to do good in the community. Especially kids. When you see a five-year old hooked up to so many IVs and going through cancer treatment and all that, it just breaks your heart," Mesko said. "When you alleviate their struggle, even for a couple of hours in a day, your problems just melt away. It's something that I'm really passionate about, and I'm really glad that I took the initiative to continue the way I benefit this cause."
Jeff Howe reports Robert Kraft still says he wants Wes Welker to be a "Patriot for life."
"Well, we’d like to see him be a Patriot for life, but it takes two sides," Kraft said. "We’re just happy he’s back in the system (after signing the $9.5 million franchise tender). He’s a wonderful young man and a special guy. I think both sides would like to do a deal, but it requires intelligence and putting our team first."
"Anyone can say whatever they want," Kraft said. "He’s done a great job for us. We’re always trying to do whatever we can do to put our team in the best position to win. That means balancing a lot of things, understanding what the cap is, what the cap growth is, how things fit in the system, and we try to have values for every position and every player."
- Andy Hart gives us a first-look observation of OTAs.
- Paul Perillo notes Matt Light will receive Pop Warner's Humanitarian Award this weekend.
- Paul Perillo tackles the Ask PFW mailbag: Personnel-ly speaking.
- Robert Kraft is putting the team first with Welker. (1 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Sneak peek at OTAs (1.50 min. video)
- PFW in Progress - The PFW crew breaks down the state of the Patriots, OTAs and Wes Welker. (2 hour program)
- Jeff Howe tells us how Bill Belichick played a role in winning Eric Kettani's appeal against the U.S. Navy and in his ability to return to the Patriots.
- Field Yates puts the spotlight on the Patriots 2011 draft picks and what to expect from them heading into their second year.
- Jeff Howe reports Tom Brady and Jerod Mayo were among the Patriots spotted at OTAs, even though the media wasn't allowed to attend.
- Tom E. Curran notes the Patriots have a history of driving hard bargains, and revisits the 'annual agitations' of the Belichick era.
- Mike Reiss shares Robert Kraft's comments on Wes Welker's contract situation in an interview with the NFLN.
- Luke Hughes believes Wes Welker continues to prove invaluable even in the face of his contract dispute with the Pats.
- Field Yates notes Willie McGinest and Heath Evans comment on the Wes Welker contract situation on NFL Total Access.
- Jeff Howe serves up a few leftovers from his interview with Devin McCourty.
- Mike Reiss talks about the NFL spring meeting and where the Patriots might stand on the issues.
- Mike Rodak reports that Zoltan Mesko won't have a problem wearing extra leg pads, even though specialists don't normally wear them.
- Mike Rodak reports Joseph Addai and Sterling Moore are in the process of 'negotiating' over No. 29.
- Mike Reiss answers his weekly Patriots mailbag: Plenty in play at WR.
- Rich Levine comes up with a few baby name suggestions for Tom & Gisele's newest addition.
- Steve Palazzolo (Pro Football Focus) Shaping the slot. "The slot has evolved into a premium position." Terrific article.
- Michael Silver (Yahoo! Sports) Tom Brady's father would be 'very hesitant' to let his son take up football in concussion era.
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Matt Light discusses what to expect from New England next season. (3.02 min. video)
- James Walker (ESPN) AFC East online chat.
- Peter King (SI) MMQB Tuesday edition; Mail.
- Jason Smith (NFL.com) Reviewing the NFL's best torch-passing moments.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) NFL takes strides to change culture.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Pads or not, NFL most needs to change playing-hurt culture.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Goodell: NBA players wear more leg pads than NFL players.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Decision on Pro Bowl coming soon.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Goodell: NFL wants wireless internet in all stadiums.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Cold Hard Football Facts) Ground & Pound? MJD and how great teams ran the ball.
- Clark Judge (CBS Sports) Goodell can halt Bountygate chatter; make proof public to shut folks up.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Roger Goodell says public will see proof of bounties.
- Jen Floyd Engel (Fox Sports) Vilma lawsuit puts Goodell on the run.
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Cowboys, Redskins lose appeal for salary-cap relief.
- Matt Bowen (Nat'l Football Post) A quick playbook session on the NFL 'boot' game.