Jeff Howe reports the Patriots have preached a sense of urgency to improve their 4th-quarter performance this week in Buffalo.
"I think we’re going to be all right," [Rob] Ninkovich said. "Just keep working. Last year, after the Giants game, we were in the same position, and we had a lot of the same questions. We were able to rebound from that, so I think that we’re a good, tough team. We’re going to show that Sunday."
"We just need to keep the energy that we started with in that game last week," Ninkovich said. "It’s just keeping the momentum going. I feel we kind of had a little stall in momentum, then at the end of the game, they were able to make a few plays on us.
"Obviously, we’ve been in some positions before where we’re kind of cornered, and I’m sure we’ll definitely come out fighting. I’m not worried about that."
- Patriots-Bills Wednesday Injury Report. Tom Brady revisits the list (Right shoulder)
- Erik Scalavino notes beating the Bills takes on added significance this week, plus news and notes from Wed. at Gillette.
- Patriots sign DL Terrell McClain; Release DL Marcus Forston.
- New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick issued a statement Wednesday.
- Press Conference Transcripts: Tom Brady - Rob Gronkowski - Bill Belichick.
- Conference Call Transcript (with the Buffalo media): Bill Belichick.
- Patriots Today - Spotlight on Brandon Lloyd. (2.35 min. video)
- Patriots Today - Wednesday practice report. (1 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Players talk week four. (3.03 min. video)
- Christopher Price focuses on how the Patriots have been stalling out in the red zone.
- Tom E. Curran notes there's an onus on the offense to end games when it can, by killing the clock and choking out an opponent.
- Karen Guregian reports Bills DE Mario Williams is eager to blitz Tom Brady and do what he came to Buffalo to do - sack and pressure him the whole game.
- Zuri Berry says the Bills' new defensive line provides a bit of length problem for the Patriots.
- Mary Paoletti notes Brandon Lloyd and Tom Brady are starting to show the chemistry they've been working on since camp.
- Christopher Price tries to figure out the drop in Rob Gronkowski's numbers.
- Karen Guregian harps on the play of Devin McCourty, saying Belichick will be forced to make a move if he doesn't improve.
- Field Yates notes DE Chandler Jones checks in at No. 3 on ESPN NFL Insider Matt Williamson's weekly Rookie Watch.
- Troy Brown talks about when he felt like he was being phased out of the offense, the worst call ever made on him, and more. (6.18 min. video)
- Greg A. Bedard reports on the end of the NFL, referee labor dispute, and how a deal was hammered out.
- Christopher Price tells us what the return of the regular referees means for the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe notes that with a new agreement in place, it's now time for everyone to begin complaining about the real referees.
- The Boston Globe reviews some of the most controversial calls made by replacement officials.
- Mike Reiss breaks down penalties for the season and notes defensive holding is the most flagged.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Bill Belichick was fined $50K for impermissible contact with an official despite the organization's efforts to try and reason with the commissioner; It didn't go over well that John Harbaugh was not fined for his bumping of an official on the sideline; Tom Brady returned to the injury report (right shoulder); Brady was only on there once in 2011; Connolly, Chung, Fells and Lloyd were all taken off the injury report.
- James Walker (ESPN) Can Bills beat Patriots in the trenches?
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Coach Killers, Week 3. Devin McCourty makes the list.
- James Walker (ESPN) Bill Belichick's 50K fine was excessive.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) Patriots' Bill Belichick's facing a problem much bigger than the fallout of grabbing a ref's arm.
- James Walker (ESPN) Bills RB Fred Jackson gives first practice mixed reviews.
- Chris Chase (USA Today) Tom Brady covers up Nike swoosh.
- Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Top 32 breakout players. Chandler Jones No. 3.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Raiders sign Andre Carter.
- Bill Dwyer (LA Times) NFL commissioner couldn't say this was none of his business.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL executive: Roger Goodell is as upset as anyone about bad calls.
- Russell S. Baxter (Cold Hard Football Facts) 30 games, 30 facts: Week 4.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Week 4 Picks. Pats over Bills 29-21.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Week 4 picks. Both pick Pats over Bills.
VIEW FROM BUFFALO
- Mark Gaughan (Buffalo News) Bills have their work cut out for them vs. Pats.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) RB Jackson has ground to cover.
- Sal Maiorana (Democrat and Chronicle) Buffalo Bills' Shawn Powell faces Patriots in first game.
- Chris Brown (BuffaloBills.com) Powell focused on opportunity.
- Mark Gaughan, Tim Graham & Jerry Sullivan (Buffalo News) Bills-Patriots preview. (7.23 min. video) All three pick Pats to win.