- Game Notes: Patriots vs. Lions. All the gory details.
- Erik Scalavino offers his observations from the loss: Zach Sudfeld learned a rookie lesson the hard way, fumbling in the red zone on the opening drive.
- Post Game Pressers: Bill Belichick and Tom Brady.
- Post Game Quotes: Patriots and Lions.
- Patriots Today - Breaking down the loss to Detroit. (3.18 min. video)
- Locker Room Uncut - Moving forward after a tough loss. (2.37 min. video)
- Mike Reiss dissects what went wrong in Detroit, which was mainly that the Pats couldn't hold onto the football.
- Mike Reiss notes that as ugly as the offense was, the first unit defense was encouraging.
- Jeff Howe recaps the ugly loss in Detroit last night, with the starters about as "sharp as a bowl of yogurt."
- Karen Guregian notes three fumbles, two sacks, one interception and a failed 4th-and-1 were not what the Patriots were looking for in the game, let alone the first half.
- Christopher Price reports the difference in energy between the two teams was palpable and the Pats weren't prepared, as much as Belichick tried to warn them.
- Karen Guregian notes rookie Kenbrell Thompkins was a lone offensive bright spot in the debacle, catching 6 for 93 with Brady.
- Tom E. Curran says the blowout loss was just what the Pats needed most.
- Mike Reiss finds some Ups amid the Downs from last night. Rob Ninkovich was all over the field with six tackles and a half-sack.
- Christopher Price points out what went right and what went wrong for the Patriots. Ninkovich, Jones and Kelly were good.
- Jeff Howe reports Bill Belichick and Tom Brady both harped on the importance of learning a lesson from the blowout.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Devin McCourty was thrilled to play in limited action last night; Vince Wilfork dressed and stretched but did not play. After the game he said he was fine; Pats' O-line was dominated by the Lions' D-Line all night; Dan Connolly played a little bit for the first time; Tom Brady delivered a passionate speech to Michigan's football team yesterday.
- Mike Reiss notes DT Cory Grissom left the game with an injury.
- NFL Game Center - New England Patriots vs. Detroit Lions. Recap, stats, analysis.
- AP Report (Sporting News) Lions vs. Patriots: Reggie Bush shines; New England bungles.
- Gregg Rosenthal & Chris Wesseling (NFL.com) Thursday's takeaways: Tom Brady has a rough night.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Tebow doesn't play, but says that's OK.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) Tim Tebow's days with Patriots may be coming to end, gets no playing time vs. Lions.
- Andrew Lawrence (MMQB.SI) A brief history of preseason pointlessness. /Thought this was a good reminder this morning.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Personal fouls continue to plague Lions.
- Richard Deitsch (MMQB.SI) 'I am not part of the media' So says Randy Moss. But the former receiving great will be a regular on FOX's football shows this season.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL blames lack of HGH testing on "buyers remorse" and "delay tactics".