One of the newer phenomenons we have seen pop up over the last few years is the fan reaction video. In a world in which people constantly film themselves doing everything and operate under the impression that every waking moment of their lives is important enough to be both documented and put up online for everyone to see for the rest of eternity, it only makes sense that fans reacting to major sports moments would become a regular part of our lexicon.
I'm sure that more and more of these will be popping up over the next few days, but for now, you can click here for what I think is a pretty solid cross-section of fan reactions to Super Bowl XLIX. The highs were high, the lows were low, and I bet that you can find your exact double in there somewhere in terms of reaction. The language is exactly what you'd expect from a nation of hydrated fans watching an all-time classic of a game, so watch accordingly.
A few highlights for me:
- First clip of the video. The sad thing is that that guy is me during the regular season and I'm very glad I watch these games alone so nobody can film me.
- Guy at 1:15 just dropping to his knees and out of sight. Pure defeat embodied.
- One of the best rants you will ever hear at 1:20 - sums up pretty much every Seahawks fan's opinion perfectly.
- Miserable Dolphins fan at 2:00 just getting up and storming out of the room without a word to anybody. the team he hates most in the world just got their fourth ring and he wants no part of any of it.
- guy at the 4:20 mark completely manhandling his kid as a woman in the background asks "who is that?", referring to Patriots legend Malcolm Butler.
- Guy at the 4:40 mark hit a little too close to home for yours truly.
We've all been there, in every single one of these people's shoes. It's just nice to be on the winning side again.
Feel free to post any more reaction vids in the comment section; maybe I'll come back and update this post accordingly.