So ESPN really enjoys pushing their mock drafts and they have two in-house figureheads to push their product. Everyone eats it up and it starts a cycle of discussion. It's what works and oh my gosh can you believe what just happened?!
They left Clemson pass rusher Vic Beasley out of the first round entirely. He's not there. He's the top rusher in the entire draft and they didn't even include him. Is this oversight and they accidentally forgot? That's a danger of doing it live. Or do they know something that no one else does, and Beasley could have a fall similar to another Clemson Tiger pass rusher Da'quan Bowers.
It's hard to complain about taking a player like Utah's Eric Rowe. He's a quality prospect who, with time, could develop into a top player. He could also move back to safety and allow Devin McCourty to slide up to be a #1 cornerback again. Or maybe the fact that Rowe, McCourty, Logan Ryan, and Kyle Arringon can all flex in between cornerback and safety would introduce some bizarre flex-quarters coverage. I'd pay to see that.
But if Beasley is on the board, and there are no injury concerns, the Patriots had better run their ticket up to the podium. He's another Von Miller. He's a game changing defender.
Edit: It looks like they released their second and third rounds on the website. They have the Patriots selecting wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham in the second, and defensive lineman Xavier Cooper and linebacker Shaq Thompson in the third. Overall, this would be a silly good draft.
Here's the draft if you cannot see the image
1. Buccaneers - QB Jameis Winston
2. Titans - QB Marcus Mariota
3. Jaguars - WR Amari Cooper
4. Raiders - DL Leonard Williams
5. Washington - ED Dante Fowler Jr.
6. Jets - OL Brandon Scherff
7. Bears - WR Kevin White
8. Falcons - ED Bud Dupree
9. Giants - RB Todd Gurley
10. Rams - WR Devante Parker
11. Vikings CB Trae Waynes
12. Browns - DL Danny Shelton
13. Saints - ED Randy Gregory
14. Dolphins - WR Breshad Perriman
15. 49ers - DL Arik Armstead
16. Texans - WR Phillip Dorsett
17. Chargers - OL La'el Collins
18. Chiefs - WR Jaelen Strong
19. Browns - OT Andrus Peat
20. Eagles - CB Marcus Peters
21. Bengals - OT Ereck Flowers
22. Steelers - CB Bryon Jones
23. Lions - DT Malcom Brown
24. Cardinals - RB Melvin Gordon
25. Panthers - OT D.J. Humphries
26. Ravens - CB Kevin Johnson
27. Cowboys - DL Eddie Goldman
28. Broncos - OL Cameron Erving
29. Colts - ED Shane Ray
30. Packers - CB Jalen Collins
31. Saints - WR Devin Smith
32. Patriots - DB Eric Rowe