The New England Patriots are in the middle of their third and final phase of offseason workouts and currently hold their OTA-sessions at Gillette Stadium. While most of them are closed to the public eye, today's practice has been open to members of the media.
Working through the Twittersphere, here are some observations:
- 72 of 90 players were working out today. As has been the case in the past, players did not wear numbers.
- Linebacker Jamie Collins returned after missing last week's media-opened session (Friday).
- Players not spotted include wide receiver Brandon LaFell, cornerback Malcolm Butler, linebacker Dont'a Hightower, defensive end Chandler Jones and offensive linemen Sebastian Vollmer and Ryan Wendell.
- Via Jeff Howe, the quarterbacks shared their reps as follows:
Brady: 22 of 30, 1 INT
Garoppolo: 23 of 35, 5 INTs
Brady: 8 of 11
Garoppolo: 10 of 11
- Tight ends Rob Gronkowski and Scott Chandler worked on a variety of plays with coach Brian Daboll and quarterback Tom Brady.
- Running back LeGarrette Blount had to run two penalty laps.
- Overall, the offense had a rough day at the office.
- With Butler out, rookie cornerback Darryl Roberts saw a lot of action.
- Second-year defensive lineman Zach Moore has gotten some looks on the interior.
Special Teams Notes
- Travaris Cadet and Danny Amendola worked as returners.
- Edelman had to be stretched on the sidelines at one point during the two-minute-drill. He did, however, look fine walking off the field after practice.
- No other injuries were reported.
The Patriots have four OTA workouts scheduled for next week, with the one on Thursday (June 11) being open to the media.