- Paul Perillo shares his practice notes from Tuesday: Tom Brady's absence opened the door for Jimmy Garoppolo to run the offense.
- Press Conference: Bill Belichick transcript.
- Mike Petraglia and Ryan Hannable recap a soggy Patriots practice. (5.11 min. video)
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Backups take center stage.
- Mike Reiss isn't surprised that Jimmy Garoppolo has no idea how much playing time he'll see during Thursday's preseason opener.
- Jeff Howe breaks down Brady's playing time in preseason openers.
- Mark Daniels notes that while Ryan Lindley is 'extremely limited' he still hopes to help out against Green Bay.
- Mike Reiss notes Ryan Lindley seemed genuinely surprised at the crowd of about 50 reporters around him after practice.
- Joe McDonald notes Brandon Bolden tells younger NFL players to embrace what they do well and to maximize those skills.
- Karen Guregian points out that Danny Amendola is still standing. Literally, figuratively and every which way you want to slice it.
- Jeff Howe looks at he promising evolution of Josh Boyce through two weeks of training camp practices.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Training Camp Report: Rookies Grissom, Flowers ahead of the curve.
- Phil Perry notes Matthew Slater was activated off PUP and is itching for contact.
- Ryan Hannable finds Ryan Allen is poised for a strong 3rd season punting for the Patriots.
- Phil Perry notes Bill Belichick says Ray Ventrone "has been great" in his new coaching role.
- Mike Reiss answers his Patriots Mailbag: How much action will Tom Brady see in preseason?
- Oliver Thomas (247 Sports) Bill Belichick sees a four-down contributor in Jonathan Freeny.
- Erik Frenz (Bleacher Report) What will Jabaal Sheard's impact be on Patriots defense?
- Sean Wagner-McGough (CBS Sports) Aaron Rodgers: New PAT rule contradicts NFL's 'stance on player safety'.
- Will Leitch (Sports on Earth) The NFL preseason Happy List: AFC East.
Alex Marvez (Fox Sports) Gronkowkski does commercial spot for NFL despite Deflategate tension. /Filmed before Brady appeal hearing decision.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) NFL Power Rankings. Patriots 4th.
- Peter King (The MMQB) The punch and the fallout; Mailbag.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) NFL wants to make Super Bowl media day a prime time event.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) NFL draft heading back to Chicago in 2016.
- Mike Reiss sets the stage for the Tom Brady/NFL conference in New York court.
- Christopher Price tells us what to expect when Roger Goodell and Tom Brady meet today.
- Michael McCann (SI) Deflategate: Tackling key questions ahead of Wednesday's hearing.
- Andrew Brandt (The MMQB) Deflategate returns to court. Prediction: Nothing toward a settlement happens today.
- Jeff Zalesin (Law 360) Deflategate cheat sheet: What you need to know.
- John Dowd (Deflategate Facts) 5 Things you'll hear from the NFL Wednesday that aren't true.
- Dan Wetzel (Yahoo! Sports) As Brady-NFL settlement talks begin, unsettling picture continues to emerge on league's conduct.
- Ben Volin reports on how Roger Goodell didn't give any direct answers to simple direct questions at his presser yesterday. He merely listed facts.
- Tanya Ray Fox (Sportsgrid) Just because Roger Goodell keeps talking doesn't mean he's telling us anything.
- Michael Hurley reports the latest lie from Roger Goodell: When asked directly why he didn't correct false leaks, Goodell says he deferred to "Independent investigator" Ted Wells.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Roger Goodell punted on fixing bad deflate-gate data, stood by Ted Wells,
- Samer Kalaf (Deadspin) Roger Goodell on why NFL didn't correct ESPN's Ballghazi report: Uhhh.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Goodell: League cooperating with judge’s request to discuss Brady settlement.
- Bob Snowdon (Goal Line Gazette) High noon for the NFL & NFLPA in deflategate.
- Quick Slants guest Michael McCann says it would be dangerous for the NFL to reach a settlement because it would create a precedent for future cases.
- Tom E. Curran explains why ht thinks it's time for Tom Brady to think really hard about making a deal.
- Steve Buckley pokes at the hardcore defenders of the wall to see how we feel about Brady taking a settlement because it sure works for him.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Does Goodell have full authority to settle Brady case on his own?
- Judy Battista (NFL.com) Judge will encourage Tom Brady, NFL to settle in conference.
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Roger Goodell: Discipline power 'important to ownership.'