- Patriots-Jaguars Thursday Injury Report.
- Erik Scalavino tells us what happened Thursday at Gillette: Freeny happy with extension; It appears Ryan Wendell's undisclosed illness is rather significant.
- PFW in Progress 9/24: Bills recap; Jaguars preview; One-on-one with Aaron Dobson.
- Locker Room Uncut: Devin McCourty (5.59 min.video) - Rob Gronkowski (7.44 min. video)
- What they're saying: Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Jeff Howe finds that he Patriots have developed a pattern of toying with teams in the red zone; they've already scored three times at the goal line from the same formation.
- Mark Daniels reports Chandler Jones says he feels stronger after multiple offseason surgeries.
- Ron Borges writes a nice piece on Matthew Slater and how he has embraced a role that may be overlooked elsewhere, but is highly appreciated in Foxboro.
- Erik Frenz scouts the Jacksonville Jaguars.
- Steve Balestrieri (Pats Fans) Patriots-Jaguars, three players to watch on Sunday.
- Mike Reiss notes Jaguars WR Allen Robinson's big-play ability catches the Patriots' attention.
- Bill Bodell (Goal Line Gazette) The Battle of the rising stars: Malcolm Butler vs. Allen Robinson.
- Tom E. Curran relays Jaguars coach Gus Bradley on the challenge of facing Tom Brady: "I'm sure he's seen everything imaginable."
- Eric Wilbur says that if you’re heading to the game this weekend, congratulations on the free tickets.
- Eric Levenson provides a brief history of the Patriots ruining the Jaguars' hopes and dreams.
- Doug Kyed notes Bill Belichick doesn't directly hand out praise to his players, though he's quick to give acclaim when asked by the media.
- Mike Reiss finds Rob Gronkowski was flattered by Belichick's compliments.
- Mike Reiss points out that Dont'a Hihghtower was a limited participant in practice because of his shoulder, which is concerning because he had offseason surgery on his right shoulder.
- Mark Daniels gives us a practice participation update: Ryan Wendell misses his third consecutive practice.
- Mark Daniels notes Jonathan Freeny was appreciative of his contract extension: It feels great knowing I'll be around for another year..."
- Henry McKenna reprints a memorable Bill Belichick quote on Tom Brady, from September 24, 2001, demonstrating how he has always had confidence in his QB.
- WEEI guest Adam Schefter calls it a "little crazy" to compare the 2015 Patriots to 2007.
- Josh Brown (Boston Title Town Talk) Would you take Moss & Welker or Gronkowski & Edelman? See how they stack up.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Chandler Jones will try and improve on his three-sack performance last week'; Rob Gronkowski shows respect to Jags safety Sergio Brown when reminded of how he threw him 'out of the club' on the Colts last season, "Emotions were flying high that day, but I’ve got nothing but respect for Sergio,"; Rookie center David Andrews is earning Tom Brady's faith early.
- Steve Bulpett writes that before there was Patriots hate, it was Celtics paranoia, "Belichick is Red, and Brady is Larry."
- Michael Felger shares three quick thoughts on Darrelle Revis and the NY Jets' resurgence, the Brady/Roethlisberger player-of-the-week kerfuffle, and how the Patriots feel now about Blake Bortles.
- Jim Lazar sees how opponents are spooked and under Belichick's spell, as he makes his Week 3 picks. Pats win 36-13.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Pioli takes issue with scouts who claim they knew Brady would be great.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick hails Rob Gronkowski’s leadership.
- Darren Rovell (ESPN) Tom Brady's jersey tops NFL sales through first two weeks of season.
- CBS New York reports Craig Carton (WFAN) was told by "a very influential person in the NFL"' that "there's no doubt" Tom Brady will serve a four-game suspension this season after the NFL's appeal is heard. /Michael McCann disagrees.
- Ryan Glasspiegel and Jason Lisk (The Big Lead) Did a Pats fan slash Gregg Doyel's tire?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL reminds teams not to criticize officials or other teams.,
Gregg Easterbrook (NY Times) TMQ: The NFL extra point has changed but deuces still aren't wild. /Look who got let go from ESPN but resurfaced at the NY Times.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Week 3 NFL Picks. Patriots 38-21.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) Week 3 picks. Patriots win 34-26.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT’s Week Three picks. Florio picks Pats 41-21-4, MDS picks Pats34-14.
- Dave Dameshek (NFL.com) Football baby: Week 3 picks. (1.33 min. video)
VIEW FROM JACKSONVILLE
- Mike DiRocco (ESPN) Jaguars' Sergio Brown often reminded of Rob Gronkowski block.
- Ryan O'Halloran (Florida Times-Union) Four Downs: Jaguars storylines to watch against Patriots.
- Hays Carlyon (Florida Times-Union) Patriots coach Bill Belichick: Jaguars QB Blake Bortles 'creates a lot of problems'.
- Mike DiRocco (ESPN) Blake Bortles' fewer interceptions leads to more victories for Jaguars.
- Hays Carlyon & Ryan O'Halloran (Florida Times-Union) Shoulder injury may sideline Jaguars OL Brandon Linder against Patriots.
- Ryan O'Halloran (Florida Times-Union) Jaguars RG Brandon Linder '50-50' to play against New England.
- Vito Stellino (Florida Times-Union) Jaguars opponent: About the Patriots.
- Mike DiRocco (ESPN) Jaguars OC: T.J. Yeldon can handle heavy workload.