- Patriots-Browns Thursday Injury Report.
- Paul Perillo scouts the matchups: Brady's return will lift the Patriots.
- Angelique Fiske reports on Matthew Slater's Gospel: Football, faith and family.
- What they're saying: Cleveland Browns.
- Press Pass: Bennett, Develin, Thuney and Freeny address the media in the locker room. 'We have our work cut out for us' (1.20 min. video)
- Ryan Hannable tries to get inside Tom Brady's mind to figure out how he will handle his return from suspension.
- Christopher Price Scouts take: Why the return of Tom Brady means all sorts of questions for Cleveland defensive game plan.
- Ron Borges wonders which Tom Brady will show up this season, noting how Cleveland coach Hue Jackson jokingly hopes 'there will be an adjustment period.'
- Christopher Price notes that Brett Favre (Sirius XM NFL Radio show) spoke about the return of Brady and what it means for the competition. "Tom is going to take it out on everybody who he faces."
- Adam Kurkjian notes Nate Ebner has a long history with Terrelle Pryor, and heaps high praise on the Browns' WR.
- James Conway (PatsPropaganda) An open letter to Art Modell from Patriots fans.
- Jeff Howe explains how Tom Brady's return could be 'go time' for the tight ends.
- Kevin Duffy believes Rob Gronkowski, Chris Hogan and James White should benefit the most with Tom Brady back under center.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Jonathan Cooper back on solid footing, ready to contribute.
- Jeff Howe Friday Six-Pack: Chemistry class for Brady, Bennett; Comparing Pats' opponents to 'Office' characters.
- Mike Giardi and Tom E. Curran discuss what the top 3 biggest threats are on the Browns, and how the Patriots will try to win those match ups. (2.30 min. video)
- Phil Perry says wonders if the Patriots might be playing with a little extra chip on their shoulder this season. Martellus Bennett has the best answer ever.
- Jim McBride hears how Martellus Bennett's mom is loving her son being on the Patriots, a team that 'shows off everything he's capable of'.
- stop screwing up football? (50.03 min.) /Well worth a listen.
and (Football by Football) Podcast: Why can't the NFL
- NESN reports Heath Evans destroys the Bills' 'True loser mentality' in over-celebrating the win over the Patriots.
- Sean Glennon (This Football Blog) Week Five picks: Patriots win by 13.
- Jim Lazar says Tom Brady is done doing day care, and makes his Week 5 picks. Patriots win 34-14.
- Henry McKenna (USA Today) 5 keys for the Patriots' defense against the Cleveland Browns.
- Mark Maske (Washington Post) Tom Brady is back with the Patriots. Consider the rest of the NFL on notice.Will there be a re-adjustment period for the New England offense? Probably not.
- Kerry J. Byrne (Football Nation) Here comes Tom Brady, the best who ever lived.
- Zoltán Buday (Pro Football Focus)10 Tom Brady stats to know.
- Kenneth Arthur (Sports on Earth) Brady and a history of NFL revenge.
- Dan Hanzus (NFL.com) Reports: Tom Brady is tanned, toned, well-coiffed.
- Nick Schwartz (Fox Sports) 15 strange and hilarious things Tom Brady has posted on Facebook since 2014.
- Sean Wagner-McGough (CBS Sports) Patriots' Martellus Bennett burns Roger Goodell for a strange and hilarious reason.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Belichick finds loophole: Tom Brady might not talk until after Sunday's game.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Number of kickoffs returned continues to rise.
- Albert Breer (The MMQB) Game plan: Kyle Shanahan and the evolution of a young coach; Plus notes from around the league.
- Kevin Clark (The Ringer) Five ways to lose an NFL season.
- Chris Burke (SI) How the NFL could benefit from adopting the CFL's expanded replay rules.
- Jason Fitzgerald (Sporting News) Financial failure a common theme among struggling NFL teams.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Poll question: Who's the coach of the year so far?
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) NFL's greatest franchise rankings: Fans. [Slideshow] 17. New England Patriots. /Freeman is just sore because he got whacked with a battery-packed snowball years ago in Foxboro.
- Mike Tanier (Bleacher Report) Next big thing: Sleep science is becoming the NFL's secret weapon.
- John Breech Week 5 picks: Will Tom Brady play like the GOAT, or a goat because he's rusty? Patriots win 27-17 (but only because it's the Browns.)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) PFT’s Week Five picks. Florio picks Patriots 30-21; MDS picks Patriots 28-13.
- Elliot Harrison (NFL.com) NFL Week 5 game picks: Patriots win 26-14.
- Chris Burke (SI) NFL Week 5 picks: Patriots beat Browns 38-17.
VIEW FROM CLEVELAND
- Scott Patsko (Cleveland.com) How the Browns have been hurt by opposing tight ends this season.
- Dan Labbe (Cleveland.com) Cleveland Browns vs. New England Patriots preview.
- Patrick Maks (ClevelandBrowns) Hue Jackson: Browns offense has to go 'be who we are' against Patriots.
- Andrew Gribble (ClevelandBrowns) Cam Johnson the latest Browns pass rusher to plug, play and thrive.
- Andrew Gribble (ClevelandBrowns) Browns Mailbag: How have Browns become league’s top rushing offense?
- Ryan Hannable passes along an AP report that 3 Bills players were fined for the pregame scuffle vs. the Patriots.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL docks Falcons three days of OTAs for violating no-contact rules.
- Michael Hurley The "No Fun League" is extending its grip on teams, restricting them from posting videos and GIFs on Twitter.
- Kmarko (Barstool Sports) NFL will fine teams up to $100K for Tweeting highlights and Seinfeld or Harambe memes. /Assumed it meant game clips... worse than I thought.
- Joe Flint (Wall St. Journal) Ratings fumble for NFL surprises networks, advertisers. NFL's head of media Brian Rolapp suggests "We're missing some start out there."
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL acknowledges, but downplays, ratings drop.