- Paul Perillo Monday Blogservations: Edelman turns it up; Dion Lewis (knee), Tre’ Jackson (knee), Sebastian Vollmer and Danny Amendola (knee, ankle) all remained on PUP. Jackson was spotted on the field but did not have his helmet.
- John Rooke's View from Above: Gronk & Marty are ready to entertain, if not terrorize...and JR says the NFL is getting good at embarrassing itself...
- Patriots Today - Training Camp Recap: Next stop joint practices. (3.04 min. video)
- Mike Reiss tells us what Bill Belichick, Drew Brees and James Laurinaitis expect in joint Patriots-Saints practices.
- Phil Perry hears from Bill Belichick, that he believes joint practices can help cut down injury risk during the season.
- Jeff Howe tells us why Malcom Brown could be the Patriots' next breakout star on defense.
- Tom E. Curran talks with Chris Hogan about joining the Patriots and his impressions so far during camp and how Tom Brady’s attitude has been contagious. (4.01 min. video)
- Christopher Price asserts that if the Patriots want to win another Super Bowl they'll have to run the ball more effectively than they did last year.
- Ryan Hannable notes Clay Harbor calls the Patriots TEs a 'mismatch problem waiting to happen.'
- Chris Mason says that if you’re looking for optimism, the tight end room at Gillette Stadium is the place to be.
- Jeff Howe joins Sports Tonight to discuss whether Brady still getting more 1st team reps is hurting Jimmy Garoppolo's progress throughout camp. (2.16 min. video)
- Mark Daniels reports Tyler Gaffney is happy to be healthy and on the field.
- Matt Dolloff notes Patriots rookie Cyrus Jones is learning the importance of ball security the hard way.
- Jeff Howe Patriots Notebook: Running back Tyler Gaffney making the most of another chance.
- CBS Boston tells us when we can watch Nate Ebner and Team U.S.A. Men's Rugby Sevens at the Rio Olympics.
VIEW FROM CAMP
- Henry McKenna Training Camp notes: Bryan Stork returned to practice; Duron Harmon no longer in non-contact jersey.
- Phil Perry sends out his next Postcard From Camp, Day 10: Patriots practice has laid-back feel before joint practices; Edelman turns in play of the day.
- Mike Reiss has been chronicling players with their families after practice, and today's photo is Logan Ryan with his young daughter Avery.
- Josh Katzenstein (NOLA.com) Saints focus on situational football before trip to New England, and other camp observations.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) Good luck stopping New England's offense, everyone: With Martellus Bennett lining up across from Rob Gronkowski, the Patriots are going to have a field day.
- Jason Alsher (Cheat Sheet) Tom Brady: What he has that other NFL players don't.
- Dallas Robinson (ProFootballRumors) East notes: Cowboys, Moore, Patriots, Lewis.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Training camp winners and losers.
- Melissa Jacobs (SI) Week Under Review: NFL opens preseason with reminder of its blundering existence.
- Bryan Curtis (The Ringer) Dan Shaughnessy roots for himself.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFLPA drops standard fee on representation agreement.
- Mike Rodak (ESPN) Brandon Spikes says he has changed after life-altering crash.
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) Hall of Fame game failure reveals depth of NFL's incompetence and greed.
- Jerry Thornton says that the cancellation of the Hall of Fame game proves what a clown show the NFL is.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) NFL accepts blame for field fiasco that canceled Hall of Fame Game. /They didn't care about the field, just like they didn't care about the footballs.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Fans at Hall of Fame Non-Game weren’t promptly told of cancellation.
- Ryan Wilson (CBS Sport) Angry fans at the Hall of Fame Game felt misled as they bought souvenirs, food.
- Matt Dolloff collects some of the best reactions from Patriots fans about the NFL's latest blunder, canceling the HoF game due to poor field conditions.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Shame on the NFL for outsourcing its most important commodity — the game.
- Ryan Wilson (CBS Sports) NFL Operations sent out regrettable tweet hours before canceling Hall of Fame Game.
- Zach Jackson (ProFootballTalk) NFL Spokesman says HOF Game will remain in Canton.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Hall of Fame refund policy mentions tickets only.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) NFL's next Deflategate? PED investigation could turn ugly.
- Randy Karraker (101 Sports) NFL insults Orlando Pace by removing St. Louis from Hall of Fame speech. [Update: NFL claims 'technical error" and restored full fersion]