The New England Patriots have announced the inactives for the week 1 game against the Arizona Cardinals:
#Patriots inactives. #NEvsAZ pic.twitter.com/0KnxF6wEYM— New England Patriots (@Patriots) September 11, 2016
The Patriots will be without LT Nate Solder (hamstring), OG Jonathan Cooper (foot), TE Rob Gronkowski (hamstring), LB Elandon Roberts, CB Eric Rowe (new to team), RB D.J. Foster, TE Clay Harbor.
There are a few key takeaways from these inactives:
- D.J. Foster, who attended Arizona State, will not be playing against the Arizona Cardinals. That has to be a disappointment for him.
- Eric Rowe is listed as a cornerback, and not a safety. That’s a good fact.
- AJ Derby appears to be ahead of Clay Harbor in the tight end depth chart.
- WRs Danny Amendola and Malcolm Mitchell will be active, which is fantastic for both players.
- EDs Jabaal Sheard, Trey Flowers, and Shea McClellin will all be active, which will help bolster the Patriots already strong defense.
The Cardinals have made the below players inactive:
#Cardinals inactives. #NEvsAZ pic.twitter.com/dazOka7lzH— New England Patriots (@Patriots) September 11, 2016