- Photos: The Kraft family hosted Patriots players at their annual Cape Cod cookout.
- Angelique Fiske reports Jamie Collins graces the cover of the Improper Bostonian' magazine's annual Patriots preview edition.
- Mike Reiss shares some quick-hit weekend thoughts: Bill Belichick's approach a notable contrast to Arizona Cardinals.
- Ben Volin Sunday Football Notes: Just how bad is Teddy Bridgewater's injury? (Comparable to former Pats RB Robert Edwards); More.
- Ryan Hannable gives us five thoughts on the initial 53-man roster.
- Mike Reiss offers a breakdown of the roster as it stands: Keeping 4 TEs initially highlights how the Patriots might feature the position.
- Kevin Duffy analyzes the four RBs on the initial roster and how D.J. Foster fits alongside James White and LeGarrette Blount.
- Ryan Hannable reminds us of why the Patriots' initial 53-man roster likely won't be the same for Week 1.
- Jeff Howe believes there's enough evidence over the last week to suggest Barkevious Mingo has too much talent and too much dedication for his career revival to fail.
- Phil Perry says that perhaps no player on the Patriots roster proved himself more quickly than undrafted rookie RB DJ Foster.
- Ryan Hannable points out Danny Amendola was not placed on PUP and will start the season on the active 53-man roster.
- Kevin Duffy examines what the Aaron Dobson and Keshawn Martin cuts mean for the offense.
- Christopher Price reports Aaron Dobson finally ran out of chances with the Patriots.
- Jeff Howe hears from Rob Ninkovich on his suspension: "All I can do is be a man, take it on the chin and move forward."
- Jeff Howe details some of the game stats after breaking down the film of Thursday night’s 17-9 loss to the Giants.
- Chad Finn writes about Barkevious Mingo, Mosi Tatupu, and the rest of coolest names in Patriots history.
- Christopher Price posts a picture of how the Patriots are offering tribute to Tom Brady at Gillette Stadium.
- Mike Reiss notes Saints head coach Sean Payton tweeted out the photo of the Gillette Stadium tribute to Tom Brady as a sign of respect.
- Andy Benoit (The MMQB) 10 Things I think - Scouting New England: Defenses are going to have a miserable time matching up.
- Jimmy Kempski (PhillyVoice) Ranking NFL teams by age after 53-man cutdowns: 2016 edition.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) What we learned: 18 takeaways from roster cutdowns.
- Sean Wagner-McGough (CBS Sports) Seattle's streaks, Dallas' record sans Romo: 14 stats to know for 2016 NFL season.
- Mark Cannizzaro (NY Post) NBC’s Cris Collinsworth on Kaepernick, NFL rules, Brady, Garoppolo and more.
- Gary Myers (NY Daily News) Tom Brady won't be kidding around when 4-game ban ends. "There is nothing humorous about Brady’s reputation being damaged by Deflategate, perhaps the biggest bunch of nonsense in NFL history. He is still blown away that Roger Goodell went after him so hard for something he has sworn he did not do."
- Tom E. Curran takes the start of Tom Brady's suspension to look back at what started the whole Deflategate mess.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady played preseason games without NFL logo on helmet.
- Michael Hurley cries 'Great googily moogily! Tom Brady is protesting! "The man who’s lived and breathed football his whole life has been driven from support of the grandest league in the land. Way to go, Roger."
- Tom E. Curran introduces Stickergate.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Cowboys could be facing scrutiny for timing of Mark Sanchez signing.