Date: Sunday, February 4th, 2018
Location: U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Kickoff: 6:30 PM ET
Line: Patriots -4.5
Radio: 98.5 FM, with Scott Zolak and Bob Socci
Use this as the open thread for discussion.
The Patriots have arrived at U.S. Bank Stadium:
According to ESPN's Mike Reiss, Cameron Fleming will get the start at right tackle ahead of LaAdrian Waddle.
- Patriots win the coin toss and defer.
- The Eagles receive the opening kickoff and march to a field goal; convert two third downs along the way.
- The Patriots responded with a fast drive down to the Eagles 8-yard line, but had to settle for a field goal and a 3-3 tie.
- The Eagles continue to target Eric Rowe with a 34-yard touchdown pass to Alshon Jeffery over Rowe. The Eagles missed the extra point for a 9-3 lead. Rowe has given up two third down conversions and a touchdown.
- The Patriots are driving by the Eagles goal line at the end of the first quarter.
- The Patriots' drive stalls at the Eagles' 8-yard line and settle for a field goal.
- The field goal attempt bounces off the upright and the score stays at 9-3.
- The Eagles punted quickly, but the Patriots were unable to capitalize and even lost wide receiver Brandin Cooks to a concussion. They went for it on fourth down, giving Philadelphia good field position.
- Philadelphia responded with an easy drive where Jeffery made an incredible grab over Patrick Chung and then LeGarrette Blount scampered 21 yards for a touchdown. The Eagles failed to convert on their 2-point attempt and hold a 15-3 lead.
- The Patriots responded with a huge 46-yard gain by Rex Burkhead before settling for a 45-yard field goal and a 15-6 deficit.
- The Eagles started to move the ball on their next drive with a huge run by Jay Ajayi, but Stephon Gilmore deflected a pass to Duron Harmon to give the Patriots the ball on their own 10-yard line.
- Tom Brady and the offense marched 90 yards on 7 plays, including a 43-yard gain by Chris Hogan and a 26-yard touchdown run by James White, but Stephen Gostkowski missed his second kick of the game to keep the score at 15-12.
- The Patriots defense (Jordan Richards) collapsed after the two-minute warning and allowed the Eagles to march down the field as Trey Burton threw a fourth down touchdown pass out of the wildcat formation to Nick Foles (not a typo) for a 22-12 lead.
- The Patriots were unable to score with their limited time at the end of the half.
- The Patriots opened up the first half by finally getting Rob Gronkowski involved in the game as he collected 4 catches for 68 yards and a touchdown and New England pulled the score to 22-19.
- The Eagles responded with a touchdown drive of their own as the Patriots continue to fail on third down defense to retake a 29-19 lead.
- Tom Brady and the Patriots offense responded with a 26-yard touchdown pass to Chris Hogan and a 29-26 score.
- Philadelphia is driving with a 3rd-and-3 on the Patriots 16-yard line as we head into the final quarter.
- Marquis Flowers sniffed out a gadget play for an 8-yard loss and the Eagles settled for a 42-yard field goal and a 32-26 lead.
- And the Patriots responded with a touchdown drive of their own as Tom Brady found Rob Gronkowski for Gronkowski’s second touchdown of the game as the Patriots took their first lead of the game 33-32.
- The Eagles led a touchdown drive of their own and drained 7:01 off the clock, but failed to convert their two-point attempt and hold a 38-33 lead with 2:21 left in the game. The Patriots have one timeout left.
- Philadelphia strip sacked Tom Brady and recovery the fumble to secure the victory. They chipped in an insurance field goal to take a 41-33 lead, giving the Patriots the ball with 1:05 left in the game.
- The Patriots couldn’t complete their Hail Mary and fall to the Eagles 41-33.