- Patriots acquire CB Jason McCourty in a trade with Cleveland; Re-sign RB Rex Burkhead.
- Erik Scalavino reports the McCourty twins are reunited in New England.
- Angelique Fiske helps us get to know new Patriot Danny Shelton.
- Meredith Gorman interviews Danny Shelton, one-on-one. (1.31 min. video)
- Mike Reiss calls the panic over the Patriots’ early moves in free agency “crazy talk” and explains why those folks need to pump the brakes and reflect on how Bill Belichick built this dynasty. /Preach on, brother.
- Jeff Howe writes that after punting on the initial wave of priority free agents, the Patriots got to work yesterday in an attempt to stockpile the middle tier of the roster.
- Michael Hurley addresses the way the Patriots are being covered right now, as a crumbling dynasty that no one wants to play for, and suggests that may be a slight overreaction.
- Alex Reimer sees Bill Belichick’s ‘cold-blooded approach’ as the only sign of normalcy during a weird Patriots offseason.
- Karen Guregian determines that even after a rough week, the Patriots are still the best team in the AFC.
- Mike Reiss explains the Patriots position with compensatory picks and how it affects their strategy in free agency.
- Mike Reiss offers some thoughts on why the Patriots traded for Jason McCourty prior to his release.
- Ryan Hannable tells us what the addition of Jason McCourty means for the Patriots secondary.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots signing of Jason McCourty a good low-risk move.
- Doug Kyed reports the Patriots and Giants offered ‘somewhat equal money’ to Nate Solder, and explains the difference in how both deals were structured.
- Doug Kyed passes along a rumor that the Patriots will host free agent RB Jeremy Hill on a visit today.
- Ryan Hannable shares a report from DraftAnalyst.com’s Tony Pauline that Nick Caserio attended Wisocnsin’s pro day specifically to see LB Jack Cichy and CB Nick Nelson.
- Ryan Hannable notes Malcolm Butler admitted he wasn’t 100 percent locked in and focused the week of Super Bowl LII.
- Doug Kyed Patriots Mailbag: Why trading for Jason McCourty was so smart.
- Jenny Vrentas (SI) The most valuable asset in NFL free agency is discipline. /Includes interesting behind-the-scenes story on how Patriot approach free agency.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) NFL free agency reset: Best remaining players and more.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agent’s Take: Six power brokers who are shaping the NFL’s financial landscape.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) Five biggest moves of free agency -- and five biggest non-moves.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Free-agency Debrief: Four reshaped teams I can’t wait to see.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL needs to reconsider its pre-free agency rules.
- Pat McManamon (ESPN) Browns trade CB Jason McCourty to Patriots, joins brother Devin.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Browns trade Jason McCourty to Pats instead of releasing him.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Report: Eric Ebron slated to visit Colts, “potentially” Patriots too.
- Video (NFL.com) Fifteen key players the Patriots have let walk during the Bill Belichick era. (3.08 min. video)
- Jeremy Fowler (ESPN) The return of the free-agent running back (sort of).
- Harry Lyles Jr. (SB Nation) Some NFL team has a private investigator following Baker Mayfield around Oklahoma: “Buncha weirdos”.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) Mock draft 2.0: Steelers among 5 clubs to pick QB. Pats pick Texas OT Connor Williams.