- Erik Scalavino continues his free agent forecast series with a look at the linebackers.
- John Rooke’s View from Above: Missing football? Let it spring eternal.
- Jeremie Smith reports Duron Harmon paid a surprise visit to Charles Taylor Elementary School in Foxborough last week to celebrate reading for Dr. Seuss’s birthday.
- Pancakes with the Patriots: Deatrich Wise, Joe Cardona and Brian Hoyer spent their morning at Children’s Hospital serving breakfast to patients and their families. (1.32 min. video)
- Karen Guregian notes that Tom Brady will be 41 when next season starts but there’s little expectation around the NFL that he will regress.
- Ryan Hannable points out one top defensive player who has been connected to the Patriots: Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison.
- Mark Daniels looks at the defensive tackle position: Alan Branch’s days with the Patriots appear numbered.
- Mark Daniels catches up with Brian Hoyer, who is happy to not have to move his family again this offseason.
- Tom E. Curran dredges up 2009, the ensuing housecleaning, and a telling quote from Urban Meyer last April revealing Belichick wants to only “coach players I like... “, and wonders if that has translated in him not tolerating any opposition from his staff as well.
- Doug Kyed notes the 2018 NFL salary cap has been set at $177.2 million, and it means the Patriots have at least $13 million in cap space as they enter the second month of the offseason.
- Chad Finn suggests the Patriots could use some meaningful wins this offseason to encourage some good vibes in New England. /How about fewer ‘dynasty is dead’ and ‘dysfunction’ articles?
- Nora Princiotti talks about the increasing use of analytics in the NFL /PSI data excluded, of course.
- NESN Patriots podcast: Recapping news from the combine.
- Doug Kyed presents his first crack at a Patriots mock draft for every round. Pats pick Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch.
- Mike Tanier (Bleacher Report) Combine Wrap-Up: The quarterback conundrum is more confusing than ever.
- Bucky Brooks (NFL.com) NFL combine winners/losers: Saquon Barkley puts on a show.
- Mike Chappell (Fox59) NFL Scouting Combine: In Indy for ’19 and probably ’20, but after that…
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The best NFL free agent at every position.
- Andrew Brandt (SI) Business of Football: Goodell vs. Jerry II, a bad deal for Bortles, Aaron Rodgers ready for record deal.
- Ryan Wilson (CBS Sports) Report: Jets, Colts possible destinations for one of Patriots’ best offensive players, Dion Lewis.
- Gregg Rosenthal (NFL.com) Sammy Watkins headlines free agents who could be overpriced.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Report: Salary cap set at $177.2 million.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) The 2018 franchise tag values are set.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL, NFLPA agreed to add extra money to player performance pool.
- Run Rich Run! (NFL.com) Rich Eisen runs the 40-yard dash for St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, and clocks his second-best 40 time. (3.03 min. video)
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Jerry Jones gets his hour in the court of Roger Goodell.
- Chad Reuter (NFL.com) Four-round mock draft. Pats pick Iowa CB Josh Jackson.