- Patriots 2018 Draft Primer.
- Paul Perillo and Andy Hart post PFW’s draft options: Tackle - Safety - Cornerback.
- Don Banks explores whether Louisville QB Lamar Jackson and the Patriots could be a match waiting to happen.
- Draft Countdown: Picking 23rd. (22 second video)
- Todd McShay spoke to fans at Gillette about the draft, highlighting RB Nyheim Hines as a mid to late round pick who could appeal to the Pats. (38 second video)
- From the NFL -Ian Rapoport: New England has ‘legitimate’ interest in Louisville QB Lamar Jackson. (1 min. video)
- Mike Reiss offers a few final draft day thoughts including the opportunity to add much-needed athleticism, being prepared for anything and the unpredictability of picking later in the rounds.
- Karen Guregian wants the Patriots to keep and make all their draft picks, and then points out ‘during his tenure here, Belichick has made 20 draft-day trades to move up, 22 draft-day trades to move down and 21 draft-day trades involving players.”
- Kevin Duffy ranks New England’s draft-day priorities heading into draft weekend: 1. Land a promising quarterback.
- Zack Cox presents his Patriots Draft Preview: QBs, potential trades, and everything you need to know.
- CBS Boston previews the 2018 NFL draft: The Patriots have five of the first 95 picks.
- Ryan Hannable notices that according to history the Patriots will select a player that was hosted on a pre-draft visit, and takes a look at this year’s options.
- Karen Guregian finds there’s much ado about Lamar Jackson after the Louisville QB told reporters in Dallas he had a private workout with the Patriots, in addition to the pre-draft visit with the team.
- Doug Kyed gives us his best prospect fits for the Patriots at every position. QB: Richmond QB Kyle Lauletta, Round 2-3.
- Mike Reiss doesn’t see the Center/Guard position as a big area of need (ninth), but it’s considered the one of the strongest positions in the draft.
- Adam Kurkjian profiles Pittsburgh OT Brian O’Neill: Athleticism sets him apart.
- Mike Reiss explains what the Patriots may be looking for at the Safety position, and puts the need ranking at seventh.
- Doug Kyed points out some options for the Patriots with each of their eight draft picks: Safety.
- Mike Reiss notes that depth and quality at defensive tackle doesn’t appear to be an issue for the Patriots, who are unlikely to add to that group early in the draft.
- Mike Reiss talks with Deion Branch, who will take a break from ‘daddy day care’ to announce the Patriots’ second-round picks on Day 2 of the draft.
- Phil Perry offers his final 2018 mock draft. Pats pick Boise State LB Leighton Vander Esch and Texas OL Connor Williams.
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) 2018 New England Patriots mock draft: One last look at all rounds.
- Logan Mullen’s 2018 NFL mock draft: Final first-round pick predictions for every team. Pats pick Notre Dame OT Mike McGlinchey and Louisville QB Lamar Jackson.
- Nick O’Malley posts a final 2018 mock draft round-up: Who Mel Kiper, Mike Mayock and NFL experts think the Patriots will take in the first round.
- Oliver Thomas (Forbes) Patriots’ bevy of NFL draft picks a stark contrast to 2017.
- Albert Breer (SI) Game Plan - 2018 NFL Draft: Final thoughts on how 1st round will go. “Expect the unexpected”.
- Andy Benoit (SI) NFL draft needs for all 32 teams. Patriots biggest need: LT. Hidden need: CB.
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) 10-Point Stance: A reality check on the top players in the draft. 7. Brady was always going to play. /simple as that.
- Lance Zierlein (NFL.com) 2018 NFL Draft: Believable things amid so much misinformation. 10) Patriots staying put?
- Kevin Clark (The Ringer) How the 2018 NFL draft will change the NFL.
- Robert Mays (The Ringer) Three NFL teams that are one great draft class away from contention.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Did Gronk commit to returning to prevent a trade?
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Patriots brought Lamar Jackson in for a visit.
- Darin Gantt (ProFootballTalk) Patriots interest in Lamar Jackson appears to be genuine.
- Eric Adelson (Yahoo! Sports) Lamar Jackson: Experts have gotten ‘everything’ wrong.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk0 NFL Media pushes anonymous negativity about Lamar Jackson.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Lamar Jackson wouldn’t mind being the next Jimmy Garoppolo.
- Jimmy Ferraiola (Inside the Pylon) 2018 NFL draft quarterback rankings.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) 2012 quarterback class a cautionary tale for 2018.
- Alex Marvez (Sporting News) NFL failure to NFL factory: How Nick Saban created football’s best assembly line.
- Bill Bender (Sporting News) How to shake up round one.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) New York Times publishes more secretly-recorded quotes from last year’s anthem meeting.