- Patriots Playbook: John Rooke recaps the recent Patriots mini-camp and OTAs and looks ahead to training camp. Plus, what player must come up big for team success? Guests: Christopher Price, Ryan Hannable and Erik Scalavino. (2 hour program)
- Cover 2 Podcast with Don Banks and Nick Stevens. Guests: Phil Savage and Richard Deitsch. (1 hour program)
- Ryan Hannable says Tom Brady’s dad was right when he said things are going to end badly for Brady in New England. /Who knew (especially after an MVP season) it would be the local media giving him the bum’s rush?
- Mike Reiss explains that although a deal for Earl Thomas would be highly unlikely for New England, the Patriots do put a premium on players with similar skill sets.
- Ryan Hannable notes free agent WR Eric Decker believes he’d be a good fit in New England.
- CBS Boston posts the newly-released contract info for James Develin and Joe Cardona
- Ryan Hannable highlights Willie McGinest on an NFL Media podcast with Dave Dameshek, “If [Brady] wins this year, a Super Bowl...I think he will walk off...”
- Tom E. Curran is ‘wearied’ by Tom Brady’s ‘waffling’ on when he’ll retire, and compares him to Hall of Fame Retirement Waffler Brett Favre. /Curran over-reacts to ‘sooner rather than later’ comment by Brady, AND with the Favre comparison.
- Alex Reimer feels like he’s being played, trying to figure out Brady and Gronk’s cryptic messages. /The more the media obsesses over every emoji, the more they’ll play the game.
- Jim Hackett tells Tom Brady, “You owe us two more years, minimum” /Brady doesn’t owe you, or any other fan (no matter how many fan credentials you list to qualify your opinion) squat.
- Dave D’Onofrio wonders if it’s still fun to be a Patriots fan, after painting it as a torturous existence.
- Albert Breer (SI) What actually happens during the NFL’s dead period? More than you think. MMQB Mailbag.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agent’s Take: Gronk among 12 prime candidates to sign contract extensions prior to season.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Will Tom Brady actually play until he’s 45?
- NFL Total Access (NFL.com) Will Tom Brady finish his career in New England? (3.25 min. video) Willie McGinest says it’s possible he could play somewhere else. /I say Patriot for life.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) What a handful of odd NFL stats from 2017 could tell us about 2018.
- Rebecca Toback (SB Nation) Answers to every bad NFL offseason question.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) Three trade (and extension) offers for Earl Thomas: Teams he could join. Patriots included.
- Report (ESPN) ESPYS announce nominees, including for best male, female athlete.
- Cameron Filipe (Football Zebras) Jeff Triplette to join ESPN broadcast booth as rules analyst. /What, these guys weren’t available?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Personal Conduct Policy imposes broad duty to report allegations.