The New England Patriots reconvened for practice Thursday without Josh Gordon.
The starting wide receiver was a non-participant for New England, after entering last week’s matchup with the New York Giants as questionable due to a knee injury and exiting the 35-14 victory with both knee and ankle injuries.
Here’s the initial injury report heading into Monday’s 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff versus the New York Jets at MetLife Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: WR Josh Gordon (knee/ankle), TE Matt LaCosse (knee)
- Jets: RB Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), TE Chris Herndon (hamstring), OT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder), DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), LB Neville Hewitt (neck/knee), LB Albert McClellan (concussion), LB C.J. Mosley (groin), CB Nate Hairston (knee), CB Darryl Roberts (ankle)
Also not partaking in New England’s full-pads practice was LaCosse. LaCosse reportedly suffered a sprained MCL against the Giants. His prognosis, along with fullback Jakob Johnson’s placement on injured reserve, has seen Eric Tomlinson and Ben Watson added to the depth chart at tight end. Michael Bennett remained absent, as well. The 33-year-old defensive end has been suspended one week for conduct detrimental to the team. Patriots head coach Bill Belichick declined to comment on the situation during his press conference Thursday.
On the Jets’ side of the non-participants, Mosley told reporters that he plans on playing Monday night in East Rutherford. The four-time Pro Bowl linebacker has been sidelined with a groin injury since New York’s season opener. Mosley played 46 snaps prior to the injury. He registered six tackles and an interception for a score in the process.
- Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead (foot), WR Phillip Dorsett (hamstring), WR Julian Edelman (chest), S Patrick Chung (heel/chest)
- Jets: WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring), G Brian Winters (shoulder/knee), C Ryan Kalil (shoulder), DT Steve McLendon (hamstring), LB Blake Cashman (ankle)
Dorsett headlines the Patriots’ limited. The wideout suffered a hamstring injury in the first quarter against the Washington Redskins, and the quick turnaround left him ruled out for the Giants meeting. Dorsett posted 15 receptions for 197 yards and three touchdowns over the initial month of the season. New England finished last Thursday’s game with undrafted rookies Jakobi Meyers and Gunner Olszewski in significant roles.
Elsewhere, a receiver from New England’s recent past practiced in a limited capacity on Thursday. Thomas has caught eight passes for 109 yards over the Jets’ last two contests, however, and is scheduled to revisit the organization that traded him away in exchange for a 2021 sixth-round draft choice.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: WR Josh Bellamy (shoulder), TE Ryan Griffin (ankle), DT Quinnen Williams (ankle), LB Brandon Copeland (thumb), LB Jordan Jenkins (ankle), CB Trumaine Johnson (thigh), S Blake Countess (hamstring)
Though unlisted, Patriots rookie first-round pick N’Keal Harry began practicing earlier this week. His 21-day window to be activated from injured reserve began along with it. The Arizona State product is eligible to make his regular-season debut as early as Nov. 3 versus the Baltimore Ravens.
Seven Jets were listed as full participants on Thursday, including the No. 3 overall pick in April’s draft.