The New England Patriots practiced Friday without four members of the active roster.
Wide receiver Josh Gordon and tight end Matt LaCosse were again among those absent as preparations continued for Monday night’s matchup with the New York Jets. Gordon, who is dealing with both knee and ankle ailments, has not practiced this week. LaCosse hasn’t, either, due to a reported MCL sprain.
Another Patriots target joined them on the second injury report.
Here’s an updated prognosis heading into the 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff at MetLife Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: WR Josh Gordon (knee/ankle), TE Matt LaCosse (knee), TE Ryan Izzo (concussion)
- Jets: RB Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), TE Chris Herndon (hamstring), OT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder), G Alex Lewis (neck), DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), LB Neville Hewitt (neck/knee), LB Albert McClellan (concussion), CB Darryl Roberts (ankle), S Rontez Miles (not injury related)
Izzo is a new arrival on the Patriots’ list of non-participants after practicing fully during Thursday’s padded session. It is a concussion for the 2018 draft choice. And it left New England with Ben Watson and Eric Tomlinson at tight end Friday. Watson returned to the depth chart this week, and Tomlinson, a former Jet, followed. Suspended defensive end Michael Bennett remains an unlisted absence for the Patriots.
As for the Jets’ side of the sidelined, both Lewis and Miles have been added to the report. The latter’s absence from practice was not related to injury.
- Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead (foot), WR Phillip Dorsett (hamstring), WR Julian Edelman (chest), S Patrick Chung (heel/chest)
- Jets: WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring), G Brian Winters (shoulder/knee), C Ryan Kalil (shoulder), DT Steve McLendon (hamstring), LB C.J. Mosley (groin), CB Nate Hairston (knee)
The limited went unchanged for the Patriots entering the weekend. Burkhead has been inactive for New England’s last two games due to a foot injury, while Dorsett was ruled out for Week 6 against the New York Giants due to a hamstring strain suffered four days prior against the Washington Redskins.
For the Jets, Mosley’s status is the notable change. The Pro Bowl linebacker has missed all but New York’s season opener due to a groin injury and has since graduated from a non-participant to a limited participant. Mosley told reporters that he intends to play Monday night in East Rutherford.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: WR Josh Bellamy (shoulder), TE Ryan Griffin (ankle), DT Quinnen Williams (ankle), DE Tarell Basham (heel), LB Blake Cashman (ankle), LB Brandon Copeland (thumb), LB Jordan Jenkins (ankle), CB Trumaine Johnson (thigh), S Blake Countess (hamstring)
No Patriots would go from limited to full participants during Friday’s work.
But the Jets upgraded Cashman to full participation after the linebacker turned in a partial practice Thursday because of an ankle injury. New York also designated Basham, who was not previously on the report, as a full participant despite a heel issue. The defensive end has started two games this campaign.