The New England Patriots turned in one final practice ahead of Monday night’s meeting at MetLife Stadium. The week’s final injury report followed.
New England has ruled out wide receiver Josh Gordon and tight ends Matt LaCosse and Ryan Izzo for the 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff against the New York Jets. An additional five Patriots have been designated as questionable, including wideout Phillip Dorsett.
Here’s the prognosis from Saturday.
- Patriots: WR Josh Gordon (knee/ankle), TE Matt LaCosse (knee), TE Ryan Izzo (concussion)
- Jets: LB Albert McClellan (concussion)
Gordon and LaCosse were listed as non-participants on all three reports filed by the Patriots this week. And Izzo, who was on the field for a full-padded session Thursday, has since been sidelined by a concussion. New England’s offense will now go without the starting wideout as well as both tight ends against New York. The re-signed Ben Watson and the signed Eric Tomlinson will handle the snaps at tight end. And on the Patriots’ defensive end, Michael Bennett remains unlisted while under suspension for conduct detrimental.
As for the Jets’ special teams, McClellan has been ruled out. The veteran linebacker appeared in 10 games for the Patriots last campaign.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: RB Trenton Cannon (foot/ankle), TE Chris Herndon (hamstring), OT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), G Kelechi Osemele (shoulder), DE Henry Anderson (shoulder), LB Neville Hewitt (neck/knee)
Two starters along New York’s offensive line are doubtful for Monday night, with Beachum’s ankle injury and Osemele’s shoulder injury keeping them out of practice.
The Patriots are also unlikely to face Herndon, who caught 39 passes for 502 yards and four touchdowns as a Jets rookie in 2018. The tight end’s 2019 debut has been delayed by a four-game suspension and a hamstring injury.
- Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead (foot), WR Phillip Dorsett (hamstring), WR Julian Edelman (chest), WR Gunner Olszewski (hamstring), S Patrick Chung (heel/chest)
- Jets: WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring), G Brian Winters (shoulder/knee), G Alex Lewis (neck), C Ryan Kalil (shoulder), DT Steve McLendon (hamstring), LB C.J. Mosley (groin), CB Darryl Roberts (ankle), CB Nate Hairston (knee)
Dorsett has practiced in a limited capacity throughout the week, after suffering a hamstring injury in the first quarter versus the Washington Redskins and being held out of New England’s matchup with the New York Giants. But Monday’s active receiver group is expected to feature Dorsett, Edelman and undrafted rookies in Jakobi Meyers and Olszewski, who was added to the report on Saturday.
And for the Jets, a Pro Bowl linebacker in Mosley is expected to make his return from a groin injury suffered in the season opener.