The New England Patriots reconvened with all but one on Thursday.
Defensive end Shilique Calhoun, dealing with an illness, did not participate in New England’s full-pads practice after going unlisted on the projected Christmas injury report.
An additional six Patriots were again listed as limited participants as Sunday’s finale versus the Miami Dolphins draws closer.
Here’s the updated prognosis for the 1 p.m. ET kickoff at Gillette Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: DE Shilique Calhoun (illness)
- Dolphins: CB Jomal Wiltz (shoulder)
Calhoun has collected nine tackles, three quarterback hits and one forced fumble since arriving in New England this past spring. The former Oakland Raiders third-round draft choice has appeared in 14 games, with one start off the edge, and is tied with rookie Chase Winovich for the fourth-most snaps on the Patriots’ special teams behind safety Nate Ebner, running back Brandon Bolden and Pro Bowl gunner Matthew Slater.
For the Dolphins, Wiltz continues as a non-participant because of a shoulder injury. The futures signing has started six games this campaign after spending all of the 2017 and 2018 campaigns on New England’s practice squad.
- Patriots: WR Julian Edelman (knee/shoulder), OT Marcus Cannon (ankle), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley (knee), LB Jamie Collins (shoulder), CB Jason McCourty (groin), CB Jonathan Jones (groin)
- Dolphins: WR Allen Hurns (ankle/neck), DT Christian Wilkins (shoulder), DT Zach Sieler (ankle/thumb), DE Taco Charlton (ankle), LB Jerome Baker (ankle), Vince Biegel (elbow), LB Andrew Van Ginkel (shoulder)
New England’s six limited remain the same. Cannon and McCourty both exited last weekend’s 24-17 win over the Buffalo Bills with ankle and groin injuries, respectively, while Jones missed the first game of his regular-season career due to a groin injury of his own.
The lone change to Miami’s limited on Thursday was Baker. The starting linebacker, checking in with 118 tackles, 1.5 sacks, an interception and a forced fumble thus far into 2019, wasn’t previously featured on the Dolphins’ half of the report. Baker is managing an ankle injury.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Dolphins: QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (right shoulder), WR Isaiah Ford (knee), FB Chandler Cox (shoulder), TE Durham Smythe (quadriceps), C Daniel Kilgore (finger), CB Nik Needham (groin)
No Patriot went from limited to full on Thursday.
But the Dolphins upgraded Smythe to full participation after the tight end projected as limited the day prior due to quadriceps issue. The rest of Miami’s full-go players were designated as such to begin the week.