- Andy Hart tackles this week’s Patriots Unfiltered Q&A: Brady’s contract, Edelman’s contract and WR trades.
- Rob Rang’s Draft Prospect Profiles: Wide Receiver.
- From NFL Network - Ian Rapoport details how Bill Belichick extended discussions at NFL meeting. (2 min. video)
- Patriots Unfiltered: Pondering who will coach the defense; Draft talk; More. (2 hours)
- Michael Hurley skewers Andrew Brandt’s bad take on Rob Gronkowski: “Would Gronkowski have been safer from a flying helmet tearing apart his knee ligaments if the ladies had been wearing one-pieces instead of bikinis? Perhaps if those gals had shown some more decency by covering up with a sarong, Gronkowski’s spine would have been able to better handle the rigors of getting hit by NFL linebackers and safeties. Same goes for his head being protected from a concussion, or his forearm snapping.” /Worth a read.
- Justin Leger takes Andrew Brandt to task for his implication of Gronk: A “free pass” never was given to Gronk, it was earned.
- Matt Dolloff also disagrees with Andrew Brandt, stating that actually it’s NOT a fair question “to ask whether Gronk would have been injured less and had a more productive career had he partied less.” “Partying had nothing to do with Gronk tearing his ACL when T.J. Ward launched his helmet into his knee. It had nothing to do with his back issues that preceded his NFL career... And it definitely had nothing to do with the concussion he suffered when the Jaguars’ Barry Church lit him up in the 2017 AFC Championship Game.”
- Alex Reimer notes WEEI guest Andrew Brandt tries to defend his lazy, bad take about Gronk receiving an undeserved ‘free pass’ for partying.
- Evan Lazar’s best Patriots draft fits: Edge defenders.
- Mike Reiss gives us the details on Michael Bennett’s reworked contract.
- J.P. Scott (PatriotsWire) Don’t bet against Braxton Berrios in 2019.
- Tom Keegan explains why he believes Mike Vrabel, not Josh McDaniels, should be the one to take over after Bill Belichick retires.
- Zack Cox NFL Rumors: Stephen Gostkowski, Patriots at odds over [gasp!] money in contract talks.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Should Patriots draft a kicker if Stephen Gostkowski’s money demands are too high?
- Ricky Doyle NFL Rumors: Patriots not convinced Cardinals will trade Josh Rosen?
- Skyler Carlin (ClutchPoints) 3 reasons the Patriots should try to trade up for D.K. Metcalf.
- Nicole Yang notes that during a ‘Tonight Show’ appearance, Patrick Mahomes dishes on his post AFC Championship Game conversation with Tom Brady.
- Karen Guregian reports former Patriots character coach Jack Easterby joins the Texans as their Executive Vice President of Team Development.
- Michael Hurley takes a look at who Tom Brady is following on Twitter. /#Offseason.
- Alex Reimer gives us seven takeaways from Tom Brady’s first 100 Twitter follows: TB12 over everything, love for Barstool Sports.
- Doug Kyed offers his latest Patriots 7-round mock draft. Pats pick Alabama TE Irv Smith at 32.
- Phil Perry also releases his NFL mock draft 4.0. Pats move up to 21 in trade with Seahawks for Iowa TE T.J. Hockenson.
- Patriots Beat Podcast: Mike Petraglia welcomes Mark Schofield (Inside the Pylon) to discuss the upcoming NFL Draft & what approach the Patriots will take this year. (32 min.)
- Pro Football Doc (San Diego Union Tribune) Only Rob Gronkowski knows if CTE concerns played role in retirement.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) top 2019 NFL draft prospects, No. 25: Notre Dame DL Jerry Tillery and No. 24: Alabama RB Josh Jacobs.
- Ben Kercheval (CBS Sports) As AAF suspends operations, let’s take a look at 10 players who’ve earned an NFL shot.
- Mike Jones (USA Today) NFL and its ‘Legends’ hit the mark with investment in youth and high school football. Willie McGinest included.
- Conor Orr (SI) The Super Bowl jump: Which 2018 non-playoff teams could contend in 2019?
- Zak Keefer (IndyStar) More than ever, Jim Irsay wants his Super Bowl(s). “I’d like to win three in a row. How hard it it?”
- Jonathan Jones (SI) Unveiling the official 2019 NFL draft hats from New Era.
- James Dator (SB Nation) Complete NFL draft grades for all 31* hats. Pats’ hat ranks last with a D- grade.
- Darren Rovell (ActionNetwork) AAF suspending football operations immediately, league’s future now in doubt.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) XFL points to the importance of the right TV deal.
- Laurel J. Sweet reports Robert Kraft’s lawyers are challenging the sex-sting search warrant.
- NBC Sports Boston has the latest developments from Robert Kraft’s court hearing.