- Paul Perillo hears from Arizona State coach Herm Edwards on how N’Keal Harry’s skill-sets works with Tom Brady.
- Interview: Julian Edelman graduates from Kent State University. (2.34 min. video)
- Mike D’Abate (FullPressCoverage) History repeating: Collins agrees to rejoin Patriots.
- Tom E. Curran points out that while the defense has gotten a whole lot better since Jamie Collins was shipped out, bringing him back may be a win-win scenario for both sides.
- Jim Hackett thinks the Patriots defense looks stacked and could even be better than last year’s Super Bowl winning unit. /No one’s crying for the bend-but-don’t-break system.
- Kevin Duffy believes this time around, Jamie Collins may be looking at a specialized role, adding that he certainly possesses the athletic ability to excel with multiple assignments.
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots are bringing back Jamie Collins… a surprise move that ‘should be tempered against the reasons why he was traded in the first place.’
- Andrew Callahan reviews the film to see what Jamie Collins can bring to the Patriots in his return.
- Evan Lazar explains why he believes Jamie Collins will need a new approach in his return to New England.
- Ryan Hannable offers his take on how Jamie Collins’ second stint will be different than his first.
- Doug Kyed makes the case that any Jamie Collins-Patrick Chung reclamation comparisons are flawed.
- Alex Barth calls the Jamie Collins signing a classic Bill Belichick move and reminds us that he’s far from guaranteed a spot in the final 53.
- Nick Goss notes Dont’a Hightower was pretty pumped to hear about Collins’ return.
- Doug Kyed resets the Patriots roster at Cornerback: Tough decisions looming at this position.
- Andrew Callahan jumps into the Patriots 53-man roster projections with Demaryius Thomas on PUP, Nate Ebner a surprise cut (surpassed by Terrence Brooks) and yet another undrafted rookie making it in.
- Adam London highlights Tom Brady’s Instagram video showing his next goal, after reaching a long-awaited milestone with 1,000 career rushing yards in 2018: TB2K. /Pretty funny.
- Michael Hurley recaps the Jets-Adam Gase-Le’Veon Bell situation: Bell sat out for an entire season because he did not feel as though the Steelers properly valued his contributions on the field. Bell is now playing for a head coach who, according to reports, does not think he’s worth the money he’s being paid. That may not provide Bell with the warm fuzzies he was looking for as a free agent.
- Darren Hartwell does the math: Adam Gase is now the AFC East’s 20th GM since Belichick joined the Patriots.
- Albert Breer (SI) Game Plan: Who wants to take on the chaos and be the next GM of the New York Jets? MMQB Mailbag.
- Kevin Patra (NFL.com) Kyle Rudolph won’t take pay cut: ‘Too young for that’.
- Chart (OverTheCap) Positional spending. /Football Perspective (@fbgchase) Tweets “There are only 6 teams in the NFL who are using over $12M in 2019 salary cap space to the running back position. They include three of the worst franchises in the NFL, a media darling, and the two Super Bowl teams.” Interesting.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) Best NFL offseasons of 2019. Patriots don’t make this list.
- Dan Parr (NFL.com) Top 25 NFL rookies in best position for Year 1 success. No. 21: N’Keal Harry in the ‘Don’t sleep on ‘em’ category.
- Robert Mays (The Ringer) How should NFL teams build around the $30 million quarterback?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) NFL’s official draft account on Twitter clamors for a lottery.
- Albert Breer, Jenny Vrentas, Conor Orr (SI) MMQB Podcast: What would the NFL draft look like with a lottery? (40 min. audio)
- Alex Reimer’s Media Column: With tapes ruled improper, hysterical coverage of Robert Kraft case now looks downright foolish. /Patriots Derangement Syndrome is real.
- Conor Orr (SI) Jets tumbling in a downward spiral after firing GM Mike Maccagnan.
- Judy Battista (NFL.com) Mike Maccagnan’s firing brings ‘Same Old Jets’ moniker to focus.
- Danny Heifetz (The Ringer) The Jets gave their GM just enough power to get himself fired: New York relieved Mike Maccagnan of his duties Wednesday after an apparent power struggle with new head coach Adam Gase.
- NY Post: New York Jets headlines and stories. /For your reading enjoyment and amusement.
- NY Daily News: New York Jets headlines and stories. /Same as above.