- Patriots announce OL Jared Veldheer has been placed on the Reserve/Retired List.
- Erik Scalavino tackles this week’s Patriots Unfiltered Q&A: Impact of Collins’ return; More.
- Angelique Fiske reports ‘Tom vs. Time’ wins a Sports Emmy for Serialized Sports Documentary.
- Happy Birthday Julian Edelman! Teammates Patrick Chung, Kyle Van Noy and more offer their thoughts on Julian Edelman on his birthday. (1 min. video)
- Patriots Unfiltered 5/21: Edelman contract extension and recent roster moves. (2 hour program)
- Mike Reiss reports Julian Edelman has signed a two-year extension that is worth up to $19 million in “new” money, a source told ESPN.
- Tom E. Curran relays the story of how six years ago, Brady told Edelman to ‘trust’ him; it worked. “In the six seasons since, Edelman’s gone from a guy making $765,000 in salary to a three-time Super Bowl champion with a Super Bowl MVP trophy and some of the most historic and memorable plays in postseason NFL history.”
- Matt Dolloff writes the Edelman extension was about keeping Tom Brady’s most trusted target in the fold and making him the clear lead dog on paper. The move isn’t likely to affect the salary cap much in either direction.
- Nick Goss passes along the reported details of Julian Edelman’s new contract extension.
- Darren Hartwell looks at how Julian Edelman’s contract extension could impact Tom Brady.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Patriots wish ‘savage clown’ Julian Edelman a happy birthday.
- Ryan Hannable notes N’Keal Harry’s trainer says the rookie is primed for a Rookie of the Year season.
- Zack Cox Patriots OTAs Preview: Nine questions facing New England in spring practice. 1. What does a post-Gronk offense look like?
- Andrew Callahan explores 5 reasons why the Pats wanted big wide receivers this offseason. 1. The Patriots have moved away from traditional slot receivers.
- Evan Lazar gives us five things he’ll be watching during Patriots OTAs. 1. What’s going on at left tackle?
- Ryan Hannable questions Tom Brady missing OTAs even though Bill Belichick’s past comments suggest it’s no big deal.
- Adam London notes NFL analyst Steve Wyche listed the Patriots among three potential landing spots for veteran free agent Gerald McCoy
- Michael Hurley reports Tom Brady has gotten himself in a betting war with ‘Jeopardy!’ champion James Holzhauer.
- Logan Mullen relays Tom Brady’s Instagram response on the challenges of making the ‘Tom Vs. Time’ docuseries.
- Pats Beat podcast: Mike Petraglia and Evan Lazar sit down to discuss the return of LB Jamie Collins, the re-signing of Danny Shelton and much more. (30 min.)
- Will Brinson (CBS Sports) Patriots giving Julian Edelman two-year extension, could it hint at Tom Brady retirement timeline?
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Hail Mary plays could be exempt from replay review for interference. /Hm... Aaron Rodgers’ birthday is in December, right around the time he’ll need it.
- Danny Kelly (The Ringer) The 2019 NFL contract-year all-stars.
- Maurice Moton (Bleacher Report) Every NFL team’s most important training camp battle. Patriots: Left Tackle.
- Jeremy Bergman (NFL.com) NFL summer subplots: One burning question for each AFC team. Patriots: Who’s coaching the defense? Does it matter?
- John Breech (CBS Sports) Patriots OT Jared Veldheer reportedly decides to retire just one week after signing with New England.
- Conor Orr (SI) Morning Huddle: What’s next for the NFL and Marijuana?
- Vinnie Iyer (Sporting News) Best remaining NFL free agents: Top 25 players still available in 2019.
- Michael Shapiro (SI) Report: Ndamukong Suh nearing one-year deal with Buccaneers.
- Eric Edholm (Yahoo! Sports) Every current NFL general manager’s defining draft pick.
- Ian Rapoport (NFL.com) CBA talks are described as positive and optimistic.
- Alex Reimer says prosecutors basically give up their case against Robert Kraft: ‘They have waved white flag’.
- Report (AP) Robert Kraft trial postponed while prosecutors appeal video suppression ruling.
- Brooke Pryor (Kansas City Star) Chiefs’ Tyrann Mathieu target of million-dollar extortion attempt ... by a relative.