- Player Profile: The ties that bind WR N’Keal Harry to his family, even from afar. (4.31 min. video) /I like this guy.
- Evan Lazar makes a case that relying more on the running game doesn’t make sense for the Patriots and makes Tom Brady less efficient. /Interesting read.
- Matt Dolloff shares his minicamp takeaways as the 2019 Patriots are now on to training camp. 1. Real competition brewing at wide receiver.
- Ian Logue (PatsFans) Four Monday Patriots thoughts: Esiason handled Brady situation poorly. /Agreed.
- Tom E. Curran explains why he sees Tom Brady’s final contract as more a curiosity than a controversy.
- NESN tells us how the Patriots, who don’t have any fun, spent the day after final two OTAs were canceled.
- Karen Guregian talks about how the 2018 draft class should make a bigger splash this year than last.
- Doug Kyed offers his 3rd attempt at a 53-man roster projection after five OTA practices and three minicamp sessions. WR (5) In: Dorsett, Edelman, Harry, Harris, Slater; Out: Berrios, Davis, Inman, Meyers, Olszewski, Patterson; PUP: Thomas; Suspended: Josh Gordon
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots 53-man roster projection 1.0. WR (5) In: Edelman, Harry, Dorsett, Harris, Meyers. (Slater makes it in ‘specialist’ category).
- Andy Hart thinks Ted Karras may be in the mix for a starting job at left guard.
- Adam London relays NFL analyst Gil Brandt on how he believes N’Keal Harry is primed for a record-breaking first season in New England.
- Jacob Camenker passes along a report that Kyle Rudolph signed an extension with the Vikings, shutting down Patriots trade rumors.
- Kevin Duffy passes along a report of the Texans request to interview Nick Caserio for their general manager job, and adds it’s unclear if the Patriots can block him from interviewing, like they did last year.
- Ryan Hannable is panicky that the Patriots might lose Nick Caserio and says Bill Belichick cannot afford to be without his long-time personnel man - especially now.
- Ryan Hannable mentions the Texans may also be interested in poaching Patriots college scouting director Monti Ossenfort.
- NESN relays how some of the Patriots shared well wishes for David Ortiz on Twitter.
- New England No-Huddle podcast: Andrew Callahan discusses the Patriots offseason winners and losers with NFL Network’s Mike Giardi. (1 hour 14 min.)
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Julio Jones and Malcolm Jenkins show value of short contracts, More NFL notes.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Patriots scrapped final two OTA days, again.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Brady will miss Gronk even when not throwing to him.
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) Back to the Patriots: Ben Watson’s winding road in NFL leads to New England return.
- Seth Walder (ESPN) Pass blocking matters more than pass rushing, and we can prove it.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) Who can trigger a review on pass interference? Why NFL coaches are worried.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Coaches leaning against red-flag challenges for late-game PI calls and non-calls.
- Jonathan Jones (SI) In Praise of: The format and size of the NFL playoffs.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) The NFL’s ‘off’ season: Ranking the seven biggest whiffs this spring. 4. Adam Humphries chooses Tennessee over New England.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Kyle Rudolph’s “four-year, $36 million” extension is short on details, for now.
- Zach Brunner (FlurrySports) NFL teams with the most remaining 2019 cap space.
- Gil Brandt (NFL.com) 2019 NFL season: Projecting the top five rookie running backs - top five rookie wide receivers. 3rd: N’Keal Harry.
- Ali Bhanpuri (NFL.com) NFL teams ranked by their franchise QBs: Cowboys, 49ers on top. Patriots 6th.