Click here if you’re visiting via Apple News.
The second installment of The Scho Show dives into expectations for the preseason opener against the Detroit Lions, as well as a tremendous interview with Phil Perry who covers the New England Patriots for NBC Sports Boston. In the show’s first segment, Mark Schofield dives into the things he will be watching tonight, including:
- Rookie quarterback Jarrett Stidham and his processing speed;
- The growth of the two rookie wide receivers N’Keal Harry and Jakobi Meyers;
- The offensive line, and in particular Dan Skipper;
- The linebacker group; and,
- Safety Obi Melifonwu.
Later, Phil Perry joins the show from Allen Park, Michigan where he has been covering the joint practices with the Lions. Phil provides his assessment of the Tom Brady situation, and then delivers a ton of knowledge on the state of the Patriots. Topics include:
- The left tackle position and how Skipper has fared so far in the preseason;
- Why Ryan Izzo might be the best answer at tight end;
- Second-year linebacker Ja’Whaun Bentley and how he might be the key to what the Patriots do on the defensive side of the football, including perhaps some more 3-4 than we might expect;
- The potential role — or even roles — for Melifonwu; and,
- Just how big Ted Johnson’s biceps are.