- Patriots-Jets Wednesday Injury Report.
- Mike Dussault shares the latest locker-room buzz from Wednesday at Gillette: Burkhead’s valuable versatility.
- Press Conference transcript: Bill Belichick.
- Press Pass: Joe Thuney, Stephon Gilmore, Matthew Slater, and Devin McCourty. (1.22 min. video)
- Do Your Life: David Andrews. (9.34 min. video)
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Pats-Jets Week 3 key matchups: Who has the razor’s edge? The Patriots counter the Jets blitzes by using their quickness off the line, Julian Edelman and Antonio Brown are two of the best at this.
- Michael Hurley gives us his ‘Lukewarm Take’: Jets QB Luke Falk may actually present a challenge for the Patriots.
- Matt Dolloff says the Jets’ hope of upsetting Patriots starts with generating a pass rush.
- Lance Reynolds (PatriotsWire) 6 things Patriots fans should know about the Jets for Week 3. 1. The Jets are beaten up.
- Henry McKenna (PatriotsWire) Bill Belichick makes an unconvincing case for Jets QB situation.
- Matt Cassel explains why we shouldn’t worry about the offensive line injuries.
- Matt Dolloff notes that according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald, Brady’s calf injury “isn’t anything to worry about going forward.”
- Ryan Hannable says Josh Gordon benefits the most from the addition of Antonio Brown.
- Doug Kyed thinks it might be time to give the Patriots’ secondary a catchy nickname, because they have been playing at a Legion of Boom-like level over the first two weeks of the season.
- Zack Cox points out the Patriots’ secret weapons in defending Le’Veon Bell are James White and Rex Burkhead
- Phil Perry wants the 16-0 conversation to stop, so he runs down all the serious reservations on why it won’t happen.
- Zack Cox tells us how Matthew Slater is helping fill the Rob Gronkowski void.
- Andy Hart highlights a recent expansive survey of 21 agents by The Athletic that revealed the Patriots were the top potential landing spot for clients.
- Nick Goss relays Aaron Rodgers on how he laughs at critics of Tom Brady.
- Joy Manning (BostonSportsChick) A decade of charity strikes again.
- Jonathan Jones (SI) Morning Huddle: Handicapping the teams with backup-turned-starting QBs in Week 3.
- Riley McAtee (The Ringer) The most meaningful NFL stats through two weeks of action.
- Mike Freeman (Bleacher Report) 10-Point Stance: 6. Pure dominance. The Patriots aren’t just dominating early this season, they are dominating at a historic pace.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Tom Brady limited in practice with a calf injury.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Raekwon McMillan says official told him to “stay off Tom” Brady.
- Rodger Sherman (The Ringer) The NFL’s air raid revolution is nearly complete.
- Andy Benoit (SI) Deep Dive: There’s no good way to defend the Chiefs’ offense—But the Ravens have a good idea.
- NFL Nation (ESPN) Biggest Week 3 injury questions for all 32 NFL teams: Latest on Johnson, Singletary, Williams and more.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) When key players want to change teams, blame the teams not the players.
VIEW FROM NEW YORK
- Brian Costello (NY Post) The Jets’ one glimmer of hope in this disastrous start.
- Dave Blezow (NY Post) ‘Utterly insane’ Jets-Patriots line could go higher.
- Brian Costello (NY Post) Jets have no idea how to play with Le’Veon Bell.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Jets to sign quarterback David Fales ahead of duel with Patriots.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Sam Darnold says Jets doctors are shooting for him to return in Week 5 against the Eagles.
- Manish Mehta (NY Daily News) Jets don’t believe underachieving CB Trumaine Johnson loves football: sources. “It’s a stinging indictment for any player, especially one in the second year of a five-year, $72.5 million deal.”
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Antonio Brown won’t face prosecution for alleged Pittsburgh incident.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Antonio Brown interview becomes the key piece of the NFL’s investigation.
- NESN shares Antonio Brown’s screenshot of his (alleged) texts with the doctor he (allegedly) farted on. Doc didn’t seem too concerned. /(◔_◔) Yep. This is where we are now as a society.