Three members of the New England Patriots’ active roster did not participate in the final practice of the week.
One of whom has subsequently been ruled out for Sunday’s 1 p.m. ET matchup with the New York Jets at Gillette Stadium, while the others are among the questionable.
Here’s a rundown of Friday’s injury report between New England and New York.
- Patriots: FB James Develin (neck)
- Jets: QB Sam Darnold (illness), LB Jordan Jenkins (calf)
Develin has been sidelined for all three Patriots practices of Week 3. The Pro Bowl fullback’s neck injury will lead to his first inactive since going to injured reserve in the summer of 2015. Develin has appeared in 96 combined games for New England dating back to the start of the 2013.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: WR Demaryius Thomas (hamstring/knee), DT Quinnen Williams (ankle), LB C.J. Mosley (Groin)
The Patriots are unlikely to face a pair of Jets starters on the defensive side of the ball, as well as a recent trade departure out wide in the veteran Thomas.
- Patriots: TE Matt LaCosse (ankle), TE Ryan Izzo (calf), OT Marcus Cannon (shoulder), LB Shilique Calhoun (not injury related)
- Jets: RB Trenton Cannon (ankle/hamstring), WR Josh Belamy (shoulder), OT Kelvin Beachum (ankle), G Kelechi Osemele (knee), G Brian Winters (shoulder), DT Steve McLendon (hip), CB Brian Poole (groin), S Rontez Miles (hip)
LaCosse had been practicing in a limited capacity as a result of the ankle sprain that surfaced in the Patriots’ preseason opener. But the tight end did not practice on Friday after catching a pair of passes for 33 yards in his 2019 debut last weekend versus the Miami Dolphins. As for LaCosse’s position mate, Izzo is a new addition after being limited with a calf injury on Friday. Both quarterback Tom Brady and running back Brandon Bolden have been removed from the Patriots’ injury report.