The Patriots are currently projected to have 12 picks in the upcoming draft.
- Pick 23 (original)
- Pick 87 (original)
- 2 projected 3rd round compensatory picks (Trey Flowers, Trent Brown)
- 4th round (Chicago)
- 6th round (Houston - Crossen trade)
- 6th round (Denver - Dawson trade)
- 2 projected 6th round compensatory picks (Malcom Brown, Cordarrelle Patterson)
- 7th round (Seattle - Hollister trade)
- 7th round (Eagles - Bennett trade)
- 7th round (Falcons - Richards trade)
With a large crop of potential outgoing free agents at important positions, the Patriots are going to need all the draft capital they can get.
The good news? The 23rd overall pick has been kind to New England in the past. Tackle Bruce Armstrong and Hall of Fame cornerback Ty Law were each selected 23rd overall by the Patriots in 1987 and 1995 respectively.