The New England Patriots returned to the practice fields without three members of the active roster.
Including Julian Edelman.
The 34-year-old wide receiver had been limited with a knee issue since the start of the regular season and is expected to miss action following a procedure Thursday morning, as reported by Jeff Howe of The Athletic and Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Edelman stands with eight receptions over New England’s last four games after recording as many for a career-high 179 yards against the Seattle Seahawks in September. He ranks third on the depth chart in offensive snaps behind Damiere Byrd and N’Keal Harry, who remains in concussion protocol as an AFC East matchup with the Buffalo Bills nears.
Here’s the updated injury report for Sunday’s 1 p.m. ET kickoff in Orchard Park.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: WR Julian Edelman (knee), WR N’Keal Harry (concussion), DT Carl Davis (concussion)
- Bills: G Cody Ford (knee), DT Vernon Butler (groin), DT Quinton Jefferson (knee), CB Josh Norman (hamstring), S Micah Hyde (concussion)
With a pair of wideouts sidelined, New England prepares for Buffalo with Gunner Olszewski, Jakobi Meyers and the aforementioned Byrd healthy on the 53-man roster. Undrafted rookies in Kristian Wilkerson, Mason Kinsey and three-time elevation Isaiah Zuber reside on the practice squad.
On Buffalo’s interior defensive line, Butler and Jefferson went from limited Wednesday to non-participants Thursday.
- Patriots: RB Damien Harris (ankle), OT Justin Herron (ankle), G Joe Thuney (ankle), G Shaq Mason (calf), DT Lawrence Guy (ankle), LB John Simon (shoulder), LB Shilique Calhoun (knee), CB Stephon Gilmore (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle)
- Bills: QB Jake Fromm (not injury related), WR Isaiah McKenzie (ankle), G Brian Winters (knee), DE Jerry Hughes (foot), LB Matt Milano (pectoral), CB Cam Lewis (wrist)
Calhoun and Gilmore were added to the Patriots’ side of the injury report with knee ailments. The outside linebacker and cornerback both were limited on Thursday.
A handful of Bills continued in that capacity, while Hughes returned to practice. The veteran defensive end registered six tackles, two sacks, one forced fumble and an interception last week versus the New York Jets.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Bills: QB Josh Allen (left shoulder), WR John Brown (knee)
No Patriots graduated to full availability on Thursday.
But Allen and Brown practiced in full again for the Bills. The quarterback and wide receiver have connected for 14 completions, 194 yards and two touchdowns this fall.