The New England Patriots practiced on Thanksgiving Day without six members of the current active roster.
Running back Rex Burkhead, offensive tackle Isaiah Wynn and outside linebacker Tashawn Bower remained sidelined as work on the Arizona Cardinals continued. And an additional trio would join them for New England.
Here’s the updated injury report heading into Sunday’s 1 p.m. ET kickoff at Gillette Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: RB Rex Burkhead (knee), RB J.J. Taylor (quad), WR Matthew Slater (knee), OT Isaiah Wynn (knee), LB Tashawn Bower (illness), S Kyle Dugger (toe)
- Cardinals: TE Darrell Daniels (ankle), DE Josh Mauro (hamstring), S Jalen Thompson (ankle)
Taylor, Slater and Dugger were new absences for the Patriots on Thursday. Respective quad and toe injuries have surfaced for the rookie running back and rookie safety. As for Slater, the captain and perennial All-Pro gunner had been questionable for Week 11 because of a knee issue. He is tied for the New England lead in snaps on special teams.
Arizona did not practice. Each of the Cardinals’ estimated three non-participants had also sat out Wednesday. An 11-time Pro Bowl wide receiver in Larry Fitzgerald, though unlisted, has been moved to the Covid-19 reserve list.
- Patriots: WR N’Keal Harry (shoulder), TE Ryan Izzo (hamstring/hand), G Joe Thuney (ankle), G Shaq Mason (calf), DT Lawrence Guy (shoulder/elbow/knee), DT Adam Butler (shoulder), DT Carl Davis (concussion), DT Byron Cowart (back), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley (groin), CB Stephon Gilmore (hand), K Nick Folk (back)
- Cardinals: QB Kyler Murray (right shoulder), OL Justin Murray (hand), S Charles Washington (groin)
Along the New England defensive line, Davis returned as a limited participant after missing Wednesday’s session due to a concussion. The 6-foot-5, 320-pound Iowa product has appeared in three games since signing to the 53-man roster in October.
As for Arizona, both Murrays on the offensive side of the ball projected as limited for a second day in a row.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Cardinals: WR DeAndre Hopkins (illness), TE Maxx Williams (illness)
No Patriots graduated to full availability on Thursday.
But both Hopkins and Williams would have for the Cardinals’ passing attack after missing the previous session due to illnesses.