The New England Patriots returned to practice without several on Thursday, including wide receiver N’Keal Harry, defensive tackle Lawrence Guy and cornerback Stephon Gilmore.
An additional dozen members of New England’s active roster were limited as the AFC East meeting with the New York Jets approaches.
Here’s the first injury report for Monday’s 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff at MetLife Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: RB J.J. Taylor (illness), WR N’Keal Harry (concussion), DT Lawrence Guy (shoulder/elbow/knee), DT Carl Davis (concussion), CB Stephon Gilmore (knee)
- Jets: QB Sam Darnold (right shoulder), WR Jamison Crowder (groin), DT Nathan Shepherd (back), DT Quinnen Williams (hamstring), LB Blake Cashman (hamstrings)
Previously listed as questionable with an ankle injury, Guy dealt with shoulder, elbow and knee issues against the Buffalo Bills in Orchard Park. It was a 24-21 loss that fellow Patriots starters in Harry and Gilmore were ruled out ahead of. In housekeeping: The 21-day designation window for running back Sony Michel to come off injured reserve has been opened, and New England holds roster exemptions for acquired wideout Isaiah Ford and claimed defensive tackle Isaiah Mack.
A handful would also be sidelined for the Jets on Thursday, counting the No. 3 overall picks from the 2018 and 2019 NFL drafts as well as the team’s receiving leader.
- Patriots: RB Damien Harris (ankle), TE Ryan Izzo (hamstring), TE Dalton Keene (knee), OT Isaiah Wynn (ankle), G Joe Thuney (ankle), G Shaq Mason (calf), DE Deatrich Wise (knee/hand), LB John Simon (elbow), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley (groin), LB Shilique Calhoun (knee), CB J.C. Jackson (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle)
- Jets: WR Breshad Perriman (concussion), WR Vyncint Smith (groin), TE Trevon Wesco (ankle), G Josh Andrews (shoulder), C Connor McGovern (knee), DE John Franklin-Myers (knee), LB Jordan Jenkins (rib/shoulder), K Sam Ficken (right groin)
On the long list of Patriots practicing in a partial capacity were rookies Keene and Dugger. The tight end out of Virginia Tech and safety out of Lenoir-Rhyne went to the inactives last weekend due to knee and ankle injuries, respectively.
New York listed a total of eight as limited.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: RB Frank Gore (hand), OT Mekhi Becton (ankle)
No Patriots graduated to full availability on Thursday.
But on the Jets’ side of the aisle, the 37-year-old Gore and the 6-foot-7, 363-pound Becton both practiced to that degree.