Two remained sidelined for the New England Patriots on Friday. Another joined them.
But cornerback Stephon Gilmore returned after missing two practices and his first start since Oct. 29, 2017 due to a knee issue. And along with the reigning NFL Defensive Player of the Year, defensive tackles Lawrence Guy and Carl Davis were also back on hand.
They would be among 14 limited participants as New England’s AFC East matchup with the New York Jets nears.
Here’s the updated injury report heading into Monday’s 8:15 p.m. ET kickoff at MetLife Stadium.
DID NOT PARTICIPATE
- Patriots: RB J.J. Taylor (illness), WR N’Keal Harry (concussion), OT Isaiah Wynn (ankle)
- Jets: RB Frank Gore (hand/not injury related), WR Vyncint Smith (groin), TE Trevon Wesco (ankle), DT Quinnen Williams (hamstring), LB Blake Cashman (hamstrings)
Wynn sat out on Friday. New England’s active roster continued without an additional pair on the offensive side of the ball, as well. In the backfield, Taylor has been absent for consecutive practices due to an illness. And out wide, Harry remains in concussion protocol following his Week 7 exit against the San Francisco 49ers. Harry, with 19 catches for 172 yards and one touchdown on the season, did not make the trip to Orchard Park to face the Buffalo Bills.
On the New York side of the aisle, Williams has been a non-participant for back-to-back sessions. The defensive lineman out of Alabama stands with 31 tackles, three sacks and one forced fumble thus far into his sophomore NFL campaign.
- Patriots: RB Damien Harris (ankle), TE Ryan Izzo (hamstring), TE Dalton Keene (knee), G Joe Thuney (ankle), G Shaq Mason (calf), DT Lawrence Guy (shoulder/elbow/knee), DT Carl Davis (concussion), DE Deatrich Wise (knee/hand), LB John Simon (elbow), LB Ja’Whaun Bentley (groin), LB Shilique Calhoun (knee), CB J.C. Jackson (knee), CB Stephon Gilmore (knee), S Kyle Dugger (ankle)
- Jets: QB Sam Darnold (right shoulder), WR Jamison Crowder (groin), G Josh Andrews (shoulder), C Connor McGovern (knee), DT Nathan Shepherd (back), DE John Franklin-Myers (knee), K Sam Ficken (right groin)
Although the defensive end gained three participants, New England enters the weekend without a healthy tight end on the 53-man roster. Izzo and Keene again practiced in a partial capacity because of hamstring and knee injuries, respectively, while No. 91 overall pick Devin Asiasi went on injured reserve earlier in the week. Undrafted Ohio State product Rashod Berry provides a two-way option on the practice squad.
As for the Jets, Darnold and Crowder were upgraded to limited on Friday. The quarterback recently underwent an MRI on his throwing shoulder. And despite appearing in four games this fall, the wideout leads New York in receptions and receiving yards and is tied for the team lead in receiving touchdowns.
- Patriots: no players listed
- Jets: WR Breshad Perriman (concussion), OT Mekhi Becton (ankle), LB Jordan Jenkins (rib/shoulder)
No limited availability has become full availability for New England this week.
But Perriman and Jenkins practiced to that extent for New York. Becton, the youngest Jet, did so on Thursday and Friday. Official game statuses will follow on Saturday.