- Patriots-Rams Wednesday Injury Report.
- Transactions: Patriots release LB Jack Cichy; Sign DB Dayan Lake and WR Devin Smith to the practice squad.
- Mike Dussault’s Keys to the Game. 1. D-line on the line: Stacking the defensive line with multiple down linemen and playing zone behind them, while trying to muddy Goff’s reads. ...
- What they’re saying: Los Angeles Rams.
- Patriots announce Devin McCourty named Patriots nominee for Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award.
- Patriots All Access: Rams preview, Gunner Olszewski 1-on-1, More. (40 min. video)
- Belestrator: Stopping the Rams rushing attack. (3.41 min. video)
- Baldy’s Breakdowns: Patriots defense shuts out Chargers. (5.25 min. video)
- Thomas Murphy (DiehardBostonSportsFans) Monster Keys to Pats-Rams. 1. Go-Go Gadget offense: “...an offense that helped Cam Newton to his success at Auburn, using this formation opens up RPO doors and plays to Newtons last best weapons , his – hight – strength – power and ability to read what side an RPO should work best. ...”
- Steve Balestrieri (PatsFans) Patriots-Rams Week 14 Key Matchups: Who has the Razor’s Edge? Patriots RBs vs Rams front seven – Razor’s edge New England.
- Tom E. Curran’s Patriots vs. Rams Preview: Keys to a New England victory in Week 14. When the Patriots have the ball: This is speed and aggressiveness vs. Size and power.
- Michael Hurley tells us what to watch for tonight. “This Super Bowl LIII rematch looks like a mismatch on paper, with the first-place Rams sitting at 8-4 and the 6-6 Patriots floundering about in the non-playoff ether in the AFC. But the Patriots have won four of their last five games and are coming off a 45-0 victory over the Chargers in Los Angeles.”
- Ryan Hannable previews Pats-Rams with 3 keys to the game, fun facts, prediction. 1. Stay committed to the run.
- Mark Morse (PatsFans) Week 14 Patriots at Rams preview. “This is a must win game for the Patriots especially with the three remaining games all against divisional opponents. If they can pull out a win on the road, after a short week, against a better opponent, that will boost them for the stretch drive.”
- The Globe’s Unconventional Preview: The Rams are a complete team, but the Patriots have been finding a way.
- Phil Perry explains how the Pats offense might succeed against a tough Rams D.
- Sean T. McGuire tells us how Stephon Gilmore helps the Pats’ receivers prepare for Jalen Ramsey. ‘He’s done a great job getting us ready for games.’
- Phil Perry wonders if Belichick will get the better of Goff, McVay one more time.
- Zack Cox explains how Cam Newton’s running style is a big hit and inspires the O-Line.
- Zack Cox Patriots Injury Report: 14 players questionable for Rams matchup. /Thursday night games are brutal.
- Doug Kyed addresses this week’s Patriots Mailbag: Which player has the longest future in New England?
- Adam London highlights Martellus Bennett on how he was so focused and ‘in the flow’ during during Super Bowl LI that after James White scored the OT TD he had to ask Tom Brady if they won.
- Adam London relays Martellus Bennett telling the story of being traded to the Patriots while in Disneyland, and having to be talked into flying to Boston for his physical.
- CBS Boston gives us their Thursday Night Football Patriots-Rams predictions.
- Eric Wilbur rounds up what NFL experts are predicting for Thursday’s Patriots-Rams game.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate looks at how the Pats might look to contain Jared Goff and how they might attempt to disrupt the defensive prowess of Aaron Donald. (31 min.)
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate and Sosa Kremenjas (Locked On Rams) preview tonight’s Pats-Rams matchups. (51 min.)
- Patriots Fourth and Two podcast: Patriots vs. Rams preview with Evan Lazar from CLNS Media. (67 min.)
- Mitch Goldich (SI) Cam Newton’s rushing touchdowns are breaking the leaderboards: Cam Newton has so many rushing touchdowns that he’s moved well beyond the quarterbacks and started passing some all-time running backs.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Jared Goff: Not many parallels that you can draw between now and Super Bowl LIII.
- Grant Gordon (NFL.com) What to watch for in Patriots-Rams game on ‘Thursday Night Football’.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) NFL insider notes: These are the general manager candidates drawing the most buzz, broken down into tiers
- Albert Breer (SI) Mailbag: Will Jim Harbaugh be coaching Trevor Lawrence next season? Plus, a team that could surprise opponents in the playoffs, passing out blame for offensive struggles in New England and Philly, and coaches getting second chances in 2021.
- Around the NFL (NFL.com) NFL playoff clinching scenarios for Week 14 of 2020 season.
- Lorenzo Reyes (USA Today) Each top Super Bowl contender has a significant statistical weakness. Pats not included. /The nerve!
- Jarrett Bell (USA Today) In NFL’s version of pandemic football, no lead is safe for any team.
- Preview (NFL.com) Week 14 Patriots vs. Rams. (4.19 min. video)
- Jenny Vrentas and Greg Bishop (SI) Jack Easterby’s rise to power and the chaos that followed. /Odd.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) Week 14 NFL picks. The Rams defense will make it tough for Cam Newton and the Pats offense, which is limited. This will be low scoring, but the Rams will win it 21-17.
VIEW FROM LOS ANGELES
- J.B. Long (TheRams) Rams-Patriots Preview: Last quarter-season push begins on Thursday Night Football.
- Cameron DaSilva (RamsWire) Final score prediction for Rams vs. Patriots in Week 14. “The Rams will need to adapt on the fly to whatever Belichick throws at them, which they failed to do in the Super Bowl two years ago. Assuming they can do that, their talent should overmatch New England’s.” Rams 23-20.
- Cameron DaSilva (RamsWire) 5 key matchups to watch in Rams-Patriots on Thursday night. 1. Troy Reeder vs. Cam Newton. The key isn’t stopping Cam Newton the passer. It’s slowing down Cam Newton the runner.
- Cameron DaSilva (RamsWire) The Rams made shutting down these 6 elite WRs in the last 4 weeks look easy.
- Cameron DaSilva (RamsWire) Patriots’ lack of a No. 1 WR should have Jalen Ramsey back in ‘star’ role for Rams.
- Stu Jackson (TheRams) Rams seek to play complementary football over final four weeks of regular season.
- Cameron DaSilva (RamsWire) Statistically, Jared Goff seems to love playing on Thursday night.