- Mike Dussault highlights Bill Belichick’s pre-draft conference call, where he remains focused on teaching during challenging offseason.
- Paul Perillo gets a bit feisty defending his picks for this year’s Patriots Hall of Fame nominees.
- Pre-draft conference call transcript: Bill Belichick. (30 min. audio)
- Patriots draft picks through the years. (3.22 min. video)
- CBS Boston highlights Bill Belichick’s first availability to the media since Tom Brady left. /While Belichick didn’t answer how the decision went down, he actually mentions Tom by name... kind of a first, isn’t it?
- Mike Reiss tells us what Bill Belichick had to say about Tom Brady, and the QBs in the draft, who he referred to as ‘an interesting group’.
- Michael Hurley talks about Bill Belichick dealing with one side-effect of the coronavirus: Having to endure a crash course in computer programs and technological hurdles.
- CBS Boston highlights Belichick discussing the Patriots current QB situation “I think the main thing is to give everyone a chance to compete” and potential QB prospects in the draft: ‘there are a lot of “interesting” prospects at the position’.
- Phil Perry says the Patriots offense is definitely going to change without Brady, the question is how.
- DJ Bean says the worst-case scenario for the Patriots is if Jarrett Stidham is mediocre.
- Mike Reiss talks about how the Patriots are assessing the draft options at linebacker after departures in free agency.
- Doug Kyed profiles prototypical Patriots in this year’s draft: Edge defenders.
- Sean T. McGuire notes the Patriots seem to be kicking the tires on unheralded QB Ben DiNucci out of James Madison University.
- Jacob Camenker NFL Rumors: ‘Everybody knows’ Patriots will take a QB in 2020 draft.
- Ricky Doyle relays NFL analyst Charles Davis explaining why, although unlikely, it makes sense for the Patriots to make a play for QB Jordan Love in this year’s draft.
- Matt Dolloff says the ‘Lying Season’ continues with the Patriots reportedly loving Oregon QB Justin Herbert
- Zack Cox dives into Bill Belichick’s affinity for draft-day trades, noting he’s pulled off 77 of them since 2000, an average of 3.85 per draft.
- Ryan Hannable reports the Patriots will have a new-look coaching staff in 2020 and some of the new roles are coming out. The moves won’t be made official until a few weeks after the draft, per usual.
- Matthew Geagan looks back at the hits and misses of the Patriots 2015 draft class. and 2014 draft class.
- Zack Cox continues his countdown of Bill Belichick’s best (and worst) drafts. No. 9: 2011.
- Joy Manning (BostonSportsChick) When has Belichick let a guy go too soon? Part 9.
- Tom E. Curran explains how the pileup at the entrance to the Patriots Hall of Fame is getting uncomfortable.
- Christopher Price explains why Richard Seymour deserves to be in the Patriots Hall of Fame.
- Patrick Chung (The Players’ Tribune) The Iso: Patrick Chung. New series with athletes sharing how they’ve been dealing with life in the Covid-19 world and how they’re spending their time away from their sport.
- Hayden Bird notes Mel Kiper Jr. projects the Patriots will take Wisconsin LB Zack Baun in the first round of the NFL draft
- David Latham (LastWordOnSports) Patriots seven-round mock draft 2.0. /Begins with a trade...
- Locked On Patriots Podcast: Mike D’Abate provides his latest draft analysis and Locked On NFL kicks off it’s 2020 mock draft special. (36 min.)
- Oliver Thomas (Forbes) Patriots set to take on ‘a little bit of a void’ in second round of 2020 NFL draft.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick: Matt Cassel shows how Patriots can adjust to a new QB.
- Nick Shook (NFL.com) Bill Belichick ready to adapt to a new starting QB.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Bill Belichick on Tom Brady’s departure: Water under the bridge.
- Nate Davis (USA Today) Bill Belichick on Tom Brady: Quarterback’s departure ‘water under the bridge’ as the Patriots are on to the draft.
- Albert Breer (SI) Monday Afternoon QB: Why Christian McCaffrey got paid, How the Patriots’ coaching staff moves will impact their quarterbacks; The bucs potentially drafting a QB; More.
- Andrew Brandt (S) Business of Football: Offseason pay could be the next issue in the NFL’s unusual summer.
- Tyler Sullivan (CBS Sports) Patriots players poised to break out in 2020: Defensive gem, Tom Brady’s heir apparent headline list
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Which running backs are up next for new contracts? Sony Michel included.
- Charean Williams (ProFootballTalk) Could Chase Vinatieri get a chance to be the Patriots’ next kicker?
- Chad Reuter and Lance Zierlein (NFL.com) 2020 NFL Draft: Ideal top two picks for all 32 teams.
- Adam Schein (NFL.com) 2020 NFL Draft: Justin Herbert among 9 sizzling offensive players.
- Pete Prisco (CBS Sports) 20 guys I like more than the scouts do in the 2020 draft.
- Charles Robinson (Yahoo! Sports) NFL makes official the first significant hurdle in getting a 2020 season on track
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) NFL, NFLPA agree to virtual offseason program
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Virtual offseason program remains strictly voluntary.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Florida classifies pro sports as “essential services” during pandemic.
- Jenny Vrentas (SI) 2020 NFL Mock Draft 15.0. Pats pick Iowa Edge A.J. Epenesa at 23.
- Chad Finn ranks the sports commissioners.
- Jim Ayello (Indy Star) Colts unveil new era of uniforms that embraces ‘exciting future that lies ahead’. /Yeesh... One of the C’s looks like it’s been shot and has something dripping out of the corner of its mouth.
- Andrew Marchand (NY Post) How ESPN is selling their top talent on significant pay cuts.
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) NFL announces draft broadcast changes amid coronavirus, including NFL Network-ESPN collaboration.