- Mike Dussault profiles experienced left tackle Justin Herron, who has the smarts and skills to compete at multiple positions.
- Mike Dussault highlights veteran defensive back Jason McCourty on how he is embracing a leadership role and ready to mentor the young players.
- Mike Dussault remembers six forgotten championship plays for the Patriots. No. 6. 2016 AFC Championship – Pats take two-score lead in first quarter. Situation: NWE 3-0, 1st quarter, 2:55, NWE 3rd-and-6 from PIT16. Result: Brady to Hogan 16-yard touchdown pass.
- Video Conference Transcript: Jason McCourty.
- Evan Lazar writes that the Patriots have one of the league’s best offensive lines in 2020. And it’s deep too.
- Phil Perry talked to guard Michael Onwenu’s college coach to find out how his massive size — and skills — could make him a fit in Foxboro.
- Mike Masala (PatriotsWire) David Andrews joked that his relationship with Shaq Mason is “like a marriage”
- Doug Kyed knows the hype surrounding Jarrett Stidham has been excessive, but adds that at this point, Stidham has been routinely applauded by enough smart people that it’s OK to have some relatively high expectations.
- Ryan Hannable explains why he thinks N’Keal Harry may be better off with Jarrett Stidham as his quarterback.
- Isaiah Houde (PatriotsWire) N’Keal Harry working to improve specific aspect of his game for 2020 season
- David Furtado (LastWordOnSports) How undrafted running back J.J. Taylor can impact the New England Patriots.
- Doug Kyed gives us his takeaways on Washington DB Myles Bryant, who has a relatively good chance of making the roster based solely on the fact that he’s an undrafted cornerback.
- Doug Kyed hears from Jason McCourty why he’s learning positions he’ll never play so he can understand the defense as a whole and why he’s asked to play different coverages or techniques.
- Zack Cox relays Jason McCourty on the virtual offseason program: ‘It sucks not having a chance to be in the building and really get to know the new guys and catch up on what’s gone on in the offseason and really kind of build that chemistry right now.’
- Michael Hurley says the NFL may be instituting a major change, turning onside kicks into 4th-and-15 plays.
- Locked On Patriots podcast: Mike D’Abate takes a deeper dive into the 2020 wideout depth chart, and explains his optimism at the position. (38 min.)
- Albert Breer (SI) Inside the two-year process that could finally lead to a SkyJudge for the 2020 NFL season. Plus, notes on the onside kick proposal, minicamps and more.
- Joel Corry (CBS Sports) Agent’s Take: Patriots, 49ers, Ravens, Titans, Chargers could have challenging contract negotiations ahead.
- Judy Battista, et al (NFL.com) Year 2 players set to make big leaps. N’Keal Harry included.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) 2020 NFL schedule: Ranking the five most difficult stretches any team will face this year.
- Marc Sessler (NFL.com) 2020 All-Under-25 Team: QB Patrick Mahomes heads NFL’s rising stars. No Pats.
- Albert Breer (SI) Mailbag: Which QB could unexpectedly jump into the first round of the 2021 draft? Plus, questions about Cam Newton, Dak Prescott, the salary cap and training camps.
- Jason La Canfora (CBS Sports) NFL needs a developmental league and rebooting the XFL is the perfect fit to improve league diversity, depth.
- Michael David Smith (ProFootballTalk) Reggie Wayne: Patriots were “best job ever,” paid $450,000 for two weeks.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Cost, fear of unintended consequences killed “Sky Judge,” for now.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Owners to vote on preseason test of “Sky Judge,” regular season expansion possible.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) NFL makes several tweaks to wild fourth-and-15 onside kick rule proposal that owners will vote on this week.
- Josh Alper (ProFootballTalk) Jason McCourty: Fourth-and-15 alternative more intriguing, but rewards teams for trailing.
- Mike Florio (ProFootballTalk) Untimed down for fourth-and-15 play provides potentially major boost for late comeback bid.
- Kevin Seifert (ESPN) Goodbye, pass interference replay review: Lessons learned from the NFL’s failed officiating experiment.
- Frank Schwab (Yahoo! Sports) Patriots’ Devin McCourty talks ‘fears’ playing during pandemic; major union heads acknowledge risk for players.
- Jordan Cohn says the Patriots could lose $300+ Million if no fans in 2020.
- Bryan Curtis (The Ringer) MegaCasts, ‘Madden,’ and the McGloin: The potentially exciting future of sports on TV.
- Conor Orr (SI) Eight NFL people who’d make better documentary subjects than Tom Brady. /The hate is real.
- John Breech (CBS Sports) Here are Tom Brady’s nine biggest takeaways from ‘The Match’ with Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning.
- Jenna Laine (ESPN) Tom Brady asking $300,000 for his customized Cadillac Escalade.